DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the Air 3 goggles compatible?

I can't wait for the new DJI FPV2? Can we say 99mph!
Yes , yes we can! I don’t have the first FPV but I can hit 62mph with the Avata. How fast will it go? I’ve seen it in person and it’s quite a bit bigger than the Avata. What’s the runtime?

Yes , yes we can! I don’t have the first FPV but I can hit 62mph with the Avata. How fast will it go? I’ve seen it in person and it’s quite a bit bigger than the Avata. What’s the runtime?
When it comes down to good flying, it's hard to tell the difference between the two. I have both and I enjoy them equally as well but yes the FPV is much bigger and heavier especially with the gopro attached. The FPV won't go as long as the battery but none of them fly forever when you are aggressive and top speed which is why I am hoping for major improvements with FPV2.

Reactions: Ozy
Right now the Googles 2 and the Goggles Integra are both not compatible with the Air 3 according to dji.com but pretty sure it soon will be, one day.

My feeling is they're gathering market data with the support of the Mavic and Mini 3, and will decide if continued support with camera drones has enough of an ROI to justify it.

To me this means goggle sales to existing Mavic and Mini 3 owners that do not have an Avata or FPV. Which, of course, given activation and binding, they have the data.

What, youse gots one, or sumpin' ?

😁😁😁😁
I checked my RC-PRO on the day the Air 3 was released to see if it would have any updates. There was 2 updates, one was for DJI Fly which stated added Air 3 compatibility and also a Firmware update for the Enhanced display function. Neither update actually added Air 3 compatibility and its not listed in the connection list on the remote.

DJI had to release two new RC'S for the Air 3 due to it's new O4 video transmission. None of the previous RC'S can receive that video transmission and this also applies to Goggles. So far there are no new Goggles released that will work with the Air 3. I seriously doubt any of the existing Goggles will ever be compatible.
I would hate to think that a brand new pair of Goggles like the Integra wouldn't be compatible with a drone like the Air 3 that came out less than 6 months later. There has to be some sort of backward compatibility with Occusync 4 that would work with the Integra or Goggles 2......at least I hope there is

I would hate to think that a brand new pair of Goggles like the Integra wouldn't be compatible with a drone like the Air 3 that came out less than 6 months later. There has to be some sort of backward compatibility with Occusync 4 that would work with the Integra or Goggles 2......at least I hope there is
I hope so as well. Although I would comment that the tech and the capabilities for drones and goggles are more accurately gauged by their creation dates rather than their launch dates. This can be months for googles or even years for drones. We just don't know what for sure was on the table when this equipment was spec'd out so even if launches are delayed or "reordered", it might not make sense to rank them in such a technological order (covid had some impact as well). Meaning, I wouldn't be surprised if the next FPV2 wasn't O4 if it launched soon (which currently would possibly wipe out all Goggles compatibility if it were). However, if it were me, I would re-do FPV2 with O4 and introduce new O4 goggles and apologies to all DJI FPV owners but tech marches on!

The page for the DJI Goggles Integra now list Air 3 compatibility! I can find no other mention of this online.

View attachment 168563
Same for the Goggles 2 and the Motion Controller 2 so it looks like the Air 3, an O4 drone, will use FPV equipment just like the O3 drones.

Reactions: 3rdof5 and Thmoore
Fantastic!!!:

Justwin
I have confirmed the is it not a mistake
getFile

Justwin
It is indeed fucntional
getFile

so it is compatible!!
getFile

Justwin

It's confirmed that the RC Motion 2 controller and Goggles 2 and Integra are compatible with the Air3. The new firmware that makes it compatible is for the actual aircraft. Which leads to me to believe the Air 3 can also be updated to be compatible with the RC-PRO. Fingers crossed!
Either way, DJI was wise to bring the Air 3 into the current FPV capabilities. It should be a great aircraft for FPV!

Reactions: Torque
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALEXANDRE MARAN GREGOLIN