DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the DJI Smart Controller's photo and video buttons the same as the ones on the normal controller?

I don't have a "regular controller" to check, but I seriously doubt they are the same.

When you get it fixed, you might consider a neck strap - wouldn't be without one - I'm too old and clumsy.

I don't have a "regular controller" to check, but I seriously doubt they are the same.

When you get it fixed, you might consider a neck strap - wouldn't be without one - I'm too old and clumsy.
Yeah, I probably should have gotten that cause now, I have a whole lot of damage on the Smart Controller. I've attached pictures so that you'll know what I mean.

Note to viewers: DO NOT DROP YOUR SMART CONTROLLER ON CONCRETE. IT WILL NOT SURVIVE THE FALL. ADOPT A LANYARD. ADOPT A LANYARD, ADOPT A LANYARD... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED ADOPT A LANYARD...
SC1.jpgSC2.jpgSC3.jpgSC4.jpg

Oh dang, that looks bad . . . sorry.

When I slipped on icy stairs and threw my M2P into a block wall, I was so PO'd at myself, for not being more careful, that I ordered another M2P & SC, THEN went shopping for parts. Fixed it myself for wee under $200, and that was buying parts I thought I "might" need, like the bottom and top shell. Didn't use 'em. Decided to keep the "new" spare M2 & SC so I wouldn't feel so bad if I committed another stupid . . . haven't yet!

Reactions: brent10
Oh dang, that looks bad . . . sorry.

When I slipped on icy stairs and threw my M2P into a block wall, I was so PO'd at myself, for not being more careful, that I ordered another M2P & SC, THEN went shopping for parts. Fixed it myself for wee under $200, and that was buying parts I thought I "might" need, like the bottom and top shell. Didn't use 'em. Decided to keep the "new" spare M2 & SC so I wouldn't feel so bad if I committed another stupid . . . haven't yet!
Are you saying that you have 2 DJI Mavic 2 Pros? If you are, you NEED to give me one. I still haven't gotten one and can't afford to purchase one any time soon. I'm 15 so that explains a lot. But I'm saving up and this accident has really set me back by a lot.

Yeah, I probably should have gotten that cause now, I have a whole lot of damage on the Smart Controller. I've attached pictures so that you'll know what I mean.

Note to viewers: DO NOT DROP YOUR SMART CONTROLLER ON CONCRETE. IT WILL NOT SURVIVE THE FALL. ADOPT A LANYARD. ADOPT A LANYARD, ADOPT A LANYARD... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED ADOPT A LANYARD...
View attachment 96887View attachment 96888View attachment 96889View attachment 96890
This was one of my fears with the SC... sorry it happened to you.
I got a Roboterwerk lanyard holder... it allows the SC to hang horizontal and still hands free with screen visible during flights. I love it even if a bit overpriced... pic and link below:
4C784983-AF79-476B-958A-983D8C5E5D9A.jpeg

This was one of my fears with the SC... sorry it happened to you.
I got a Roboterwerk lanyard holder... it allows the SC to hang horizontal and still hands free with screen visible during flights. I love it even if a bit overpriced... pic and link below:
View attachment 96899
Yeah, I think I'll purchase one either when my current one gets repaired or when I purchase a new one.

I was hoping to purchase this. Reading 1 and 2 star reviews hit the reset button on purchase.
Well here is my review it works great it’s the best strap I’ve ever used is the only one that balances it.

You don’t want no stinking lanyard do you want this.
Anyone that’s bought one Would agree.

What do you mean? Did you want to purchase a Smart Controller or the lanyard? Please clarify
Have a neck strap and understand ease of which to purchase inexpensive eye hook screws to insert in holes so neck strap can be hooked on.

The design for proper balance and orientation is creative. Reviews point out the ridiculous implementation of the not easily adjustable string straps and the high cost.

Have a neck strap and understand ease of which to purchase inexpensive eye hook screws to insert in holes so neck strap can be hooked on.

The design for proper balance and orientation is creative. Reviews point out the ridiculous implementation of the not easily adjustable string straps and the high cost.
It's more than just "creative" it's highly effective. It's the only strap that will hold it level rather than just flopping down.
As for the strap being hard to adjust, it is just like a camera strap, so if you find that hard then you might find this one hard.
If you can figure out how the adjust a camera strap then you will find this one easy.

strapIMG_2325.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's more than just "creative" it's highly effective. It's the only strap that will hold it level rather than just flopping down.
As for the strap being hard to adjust, it is just like a camera strap, so if you find that hard then you might find this one hard.
If you can figure out how the adjust a camera strap then you will find this one easy.
Go to Amazon link. Scroll down to Customer Images, one pasted below. Screenshot_2020-03-24-08-17-55.pngApparently the product is now being shipped with a string attached to neck strap that can't be adjusted. Also, reviews say the neck strap cannot be snapped on/off. If this is true, there is no value to this. I will fashion my own balancing bracket for pennies.Screenshot_2020-03-24-08-17-55.png

Thats his opinion if you think it's valid ok. In real life it is not a problem. In real life you don't need a strap that long.
It works just fine. You are really missing out on the best strap ever.
Plus it appears he could not figure out to adjust a camera strap. Like I said, I guess some of us just can't figure it out.

If that's you so be it, don't buy it.

Thats his opinion if you think it's valid ok. In real life it is not a problem. In real life you don't need a strap that long.
It works just fine. You are really missing out on the best strap ever.
Plus it appears he could not figure out to adjust a camera strap. Like I said, I guess some of us just can't figure it out.

If that's you so be it, don't buy it.
I've already figured out how to do it. However, with isolation restrictions won't get to Home Depot till this over and I can browse hardware section to pick materials and screws.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potenthockey0