DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the M3 GPS issue getting any closer to being resolved?

TonyPHX

Chuck Norris's drones don't crash.
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hello, just throwing this out for discussion. I have not heard or seen any discussion on this topic for some time. I know the DJI forum applied some moderation controls and removed some discussion and that seems to have had a chilling effect. Is anyone here aware of any new progress?

DJI claims to have identified the problem and will have a fix shortly (within 2 months about a month ago). Until there is a new public FW update announcing a final fix, verified by all users, nothing will change. Beta versions are being tested. Anything else is speculation.

What happened to free speech....
I honestly do not understand the phrase "free speech" any more. It must be one of the most abused things of all time, applied to whatever anyone thinks of he can say, wherever he likes. The dji forum and specifically the Mavic 3 subforum has been abused so much, that it has become unbearable, it was very difficult to find anything useful there because of people determined to exploit the lenience (at least in the beginning) of the moderators and wreak havoc.

As to the "gps issue", maybe not all of us is having this problem. Yes, it is slower than other dji drones and for a lot of people ttff is unacceptably long. This must be fixed, there's no question about that. At this point though, there's not much else anyone can say, other than continue to speculate which does not help anyway. I have to say again, that dji has access to a vast amount of data (which we do not) that can point to the root cause of this. They have claimed to have identified the problem, so all we can do is wait.

Nothing .. and if you looked into things over there, they deleted posts over rule infractions, not unfavourable content.
Are the DJI mods people who work for DJI, or 3rd party guys sitting in their bedroom with no mates?
They are DJI people or perhaps bots ... it's hard to tell.

I do not yet have an M3. However, I have read on more than one occasion where if the drone is hand launched, or launched from a platform above ground level, basically where it is off the ground, it picks up GPS a lot quicker. I don't know if this is true or not, but it may be something that someone on this forum with an M3 may test and report back.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
I have read on more than one occasion where if the drone is hand launched, or launched from a platform above ground level, basically where it is off the ground, it picks up GPS a lot quicker. I don't know if this is true or not, but it may be something that someone on this forum with an M3 may test and report back.
It's not true.
Lifting the drone is only going to help if the problem was that its skyview was obstructed by obstacles and you could lift the drone high enough to give it a good sky view.
But the problem is there even when people launch from wide open areas with a clear horizon to horizon view.

Hello, just throwing this out for discussion. I have not heard or seen any discussion on this topic for some time. I know the DJI forum applied some moderation controls and removed some discussion and that seems to have had a chilling effect. Is anyone here aware of any new progress?
@Suren can you shed any new updates on this? I 'heard' GPS was fixed but Airsense was giving inaccurate aircraft locations . . .

Just a note: posting on a private forum has no protections of free speech in any country (that I'm aware of).

I was asking about the pruning of unfavorable content (which admittedly I had not investigated). If they remove bad reviews (and I'm not saying they have—I was just asking), that would reflect poorly on them ... but it would not be a free speech issue.

Read the user agreements you okayed when you made your account on any of the forums (including this one).

Chris

Reactions: lorpal
FYI, my experience with fast takeoffs is great. I had the same problem with delayed acquisition of GPS satellites before the last FW update, but since then its been fixed as far as I am concerned. I have one of the very first M3s to come out. Today I turned on the drone and the RC Pro controller and took off. It first asked me to check my propellers and when I said OK I took it to 30 ft. It said I had acquired 12 satellites! The total time must have been about 30 seconds.

@Suren can you shed any new updates on this? I 'heard' GPS was fixed but Airsense was giving inaccurate aircraft locations . . .
For my testing on both RC Pro and RC-N1 GPS locks with 25 to 60 seconds max. Locking times is not constant but no more than 60 seconds. Airsense shows up on the maps but only gives a notification when the plane is 0.7km away from you with iPhone and Android(RC Pro) still has the bug with the manned aircraft info way out of view.

It's not true.
Lifting the drone is only going to help if the problem was that its skyview was obstructed by obstacles and you could lift the drone high enough to give it a good sky view.
But the problem is there even when people launch from wide open areas with a clear horizon to horizon view.
As mentioned above, I do not have one yet, was only relating what I had heard, regardless of the accuracy of the info.

For my testing on both RC Pro and RC-N1 GPS locks with 25 to 60 seconds max. Locking times is not constant but no more than 60 seconds. Airsense shows up on the maps but only gives a notification when the plane is 0.7km away from you with iPhone and Android(RC Pro) still has the bug with the manned aircraft info way out of view.
Thank you Suren . . . a true Ambassador!!

Not for me. I have ZERO indications of any type. Since V01.00.0600. Nothing on the map. No notifications. Not a single one. And I live where planes fly directly over me at altitudes though glide scope landings. RDU International Airport is exactly 7.1 miles from where I fly most often. Also Helecopter flights at extremely low altitude are almost weekly occurrence. I have "refreshed" the Firmware, Toggled Airsence off and on, tried every warning level for it.

It works 100% on my Air 2. Works 0% on Mavic 3. This is with RC-N1 or RC-Pro

Reactions: Kbviper and oztx
Not for me. I have ZERO indications of any type. Since V01.00.0600. Nothing on the map. No notifications. Not a single one. And I live where planes fly directly over me at altitudes though glide scope landings. RDU International Airport is exactly 7.1 miles from where I fly most often. Also Helecopter flights at extremely low altitude are almost weekly occurrence. I have "refreshed" the Firmware, Toggled Airsence off and on, tried every warning level for it.

It works 100% on my Air 2. Works 0% on Mavic 3. This is with RC-N1 or RC-Pro
How's your GPS lock on the M3 after 1.00.0600? Fixed for you?

Maybe Elon Musk will buy DJI next...

Are the DJI mods people who work for DJI, or 3rd party guys sitting in their bedroom with no mates?

• Haha
Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13