DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the Mavic 3 a better choice over an Air 2S? For professionals, for hobbyists?

Is the Mavic 3 a better choice over an Air 2S? For professionals, for hobbyists?

• Yes for professionals

• No for professionals

• Maybe for professionals

• Yes for hobbyists

• No for hobbyists

• Maybe for hobbyists

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am picking mine up today...
I'm still a bit undecided but will probably go through with it. I really need the high-quality camera but it's my first drone, so a bit nervous learning on a $3K model. I have a job for it in two weeks, so the pressure is on :). It's a bit scary that the software/firmware is still missing some features, but hopefully, DJI will be supportive to its customer base. The alternative is the Air2s, but I just don't think the camera with its fixed 2.8 lens is going to get the image quality I am used to from the Phantom and Inspires I've used in the past.

I'll keep you posted!
Do you have your Part 107?

Yes it can fly but there is a lot missing , like everything . lol
There are aspects missing in every facet of the drone both video and photo and active track and slow motion .
This is a small list of what is missing,

View attachment 138124

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Capture the Storm, Land on the Water.
I heard it only has 3 arms and two props. Is that true.

• Haha
Reactions: BSauce955
They pay more just in rent in Brooklyn than many of us make in a month. NYC is not a cheap place to live and $5000 gifts are not uncommon.
I need to go live there then.

• Haha
Reactions: Rchawks
I read a report when I was working the Farmers markets in NYC that said on average a NYC resident spends $200 per day just to do their daily routine.
Wow...

Reactions: slozukimc
Test scheduled next week. I have my PP license but also did a 107 course to make sure I pass it. If for some reason it doesn't go the way I hope, I'll bring a Part 107 pilot to fly it.
Cool! Is it a job for your personal work, or is it a job you found?

They pay more just in rent in Brooklyn than many of us make in a month. NYC is not a cheap place to live and $5000 gifts are not uncommon.
I'm from NY, moved years ago but still go back and work there often. Food is about the same as any big city or even the suburbs. It's housing, car insurance, parking, etc that costs a lot more than living in small towns. Now back to drones....

Cool! Is it a job for your personal work, or is it a job you found?
Photographing hotels and resorts for advertising is my business, so it's become part of the package. Everyone wants drone aerials now. In the past, we did aerials by helicopter when the property was spectacular, but now we have the option to try it on most that are in a nice location. The stills are very important but we also cover it in video too.

Reactions: slozukimc
Yes it can fly but there is a lot missing, everything, lol
There are aspects missing in every facet of the drone both video and photo and active track and slow motion .
This is a small list of what is missing,

2021-11-08_02h02_17.png
To tell the truth, if I had one which I don't, I wouldn't miss any of those functions because I never use them. I'm sure they will all show up soon.
I bought the Mavic 1 and Mavic 2 at release and the only missing feature I can recall was the precision landing on the Mavic 2
Control wheel exposure on the 1 and control wheel digital zoom on the 2 are a couple of biggies in my opinion

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
i just read about ALL the things missing from this and in no way shape or form is it worth the $ you can just buy MP2 and extra batteries. This is a very interesting list of features that ARE NOT usable on the MP3 yet and its truly mind blowing

Attachments

• DJI-Mavic3-MissingFeatures-Nov2021.jpg
    DJI-Mavic3-MissingFeatures-Nov2021.jpg
    707.7 KB · Views: 9
Yes, just hoping DJI updates it ASAP. BTW: I looked for the Mavic2P but couldn't find one from any major retailer. It's like DJI pulled them all before releasing the 3.

After reading the list, there really isn't much on there I will miss.

Last edited:
Reactions: sir_ian
I think Air2S is great for hobbyist without spending all their money. It’s really up to individual preference though. Some will find the improved obstacle avoidance helpful, especially for a newer flyer. I haven’t flown the Air2S so I’m not sure how the obstacle avoidance differs and if it’s worth it to upgrade.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes