DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

is the MM its own worst enemy?

I agree 100%. People do not read anymore. Society has contributed to our continuing decline of literacy.

Look at McDonald's Hamburgers . . . the menu use to describe a particular meal in words. Today, it simply says: #1 . . . and it shows a picture of what you get for a #1. No reading required. Speeds things up but we are becoming illiterate with no tolerance to read anything.

All I'm saying is DJI needs to 'literally' dumb down 'some' of the information like the danger of flying in high wind. It seems simple enough to do.

What? Terrible example. "#1" refers to the combo meal, not the standalone hamburger. They still have "Hamburger" on the menu. "#1" is a lot easier to say than "Hamburger, medium fries, and a medium Coke."

• Haha
Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Common sense appears to be non existent in these discussions. The only actual real time data for wind speed aloft is the drone itself, responding to the wind forces impacting the flight control system doing it's job making the drone fly according to the operator's instructions. When it has trouble doing this, it flags this condition to the pilot, as the pilot has no way of knowing that this condition exists. The pilot, rightly, has the opportunity to make a decision about what she would like to do.

Forecasts are just that. They are helpful in deciding about overall risk of a particular flight, but not definitive about a particular location and time. Their average accuracy is pretty good, but only the drone itself knows what conditions it is encountering, and flags warnings as needed.

Folks whining about this somehow being not good enough, are in serious denial about the physics of flying anything, including drones. Ignorance is a pretty poor excuse.

Folks whining about this somehow being not good enough, are in serious denial about the physics of flying anything, including drones. Ignorance is a pretty poor excuse.

I agree. It's hard for me to fathom the thought process of some of the people who want to take this up high in gusty winds. It sounds harsh but we learned this in science class and not to mention everyday living, so if people can't exercise thought about this then they will rightfully lose their drone. Hopefully they will only learn this lesson the hard way once.

What? Terrible example. "#1" refers to the combo meal, not the standalone hamburger. They still have "Hamburger" on the menu. "#1" is a lot easier to say than "Hamburger, medium fries, and a medium Coke."
That is exactly what I said in my post . . . a number and a picture describes everything you just said. My point is reading is becoming unnecessary (not the content of a meal).

If people would read the manual from A to Z and use common sense ....
The thing is that common sense is not acquired by osmosis or luck or changing from practicing one bad or dangerous habit to another. It is gained through education. The various Basic Pilot licensing exams are the minimum that should be required of everybody flying anything over anything or anybody else. (How do you bold a period?)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy