DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the multi charger supposed to charge one battery at a time?

Thanks. Here I am getting ready to go to the park on 30 minutes thinking all 3 could be charged in that time. Lol.

I believe the charging time is the same whether it charge one at a time or all at once. please correct me if I'm wrong. But with serial charging, you have one battery fully charge and ready to go faster. So you can fly while the other two are charging.

Interesting that the manual does not provide the needed info on this subject.67FEA475-5160-4720-A87A-CA00BAD9C6E0.jpeg

I believe the charging time is the same whether it charge one at a time or all at once. please correct me if I'm wrong. But with serial charging, you have one battery fully charge and ready to go faster. So you can fly while the other two are charging.

Unless they would supply a transformer capable of providing sufficient current to charge all three batteries at once at normal speed. Not sure exactly why they don’t offer this possibility, not even as a separate purchase

But that's no good when the others are charging in your house & you want to go out and fly for the day.
I have a charger for my Xiaomi 4k, it charges all 4 in the same time as it takes for one.
If DJI made a charger that charged all at the same time I would buy one, can’t understand why they don't.
You aren't supposed to store your battery's fully charged, even if you try the smart part discharges them so if its a great day to fly you have to hang around for ages until they all eventually charge.

Reactions: Parrotoid
Smart move on dji’s part if you think about it.
Why compete with all the other multi- charger manufacturers that are already out there on such a small profit item?

You can get them now but they are not from DJI so do you trust them with your expensive battery’s ?

Do they have them for the Air 2 already? I hadn't seen those yet.

If the aftermarket chargers were a big problem you'd hear more noise about them.

If you need all three (or more batteries to charge simultaneously then it might be worth the risk. For me I'm fine.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
I have used a version very similar to this one. with my Mavic Air. It charges all four batteries at once. The one on the link is for the MA2.
I use a the same one with my MA and also bought one for my Mini. Likely will buy this one, too. No issues, charges all 4 batteries at the same time. Very convenient. It will get (warm) hot, as it has no fan. But I set mine on its' side to improve air flow to the vents. Thanks for the link.

"aokusman

Thanks. Here I am getting ready to go to the park on 30 minutes thinking all 3 could be charged in that time."

How about charging one battery in the drone and another in the charger at the same time

"aokusman

Thanks. Here I am getting ready to go to the park on 30 minutes thinking all 3 could be charged in that time."

How about charging one battery in the drone and another in the charger at the same time
Cant charge the battery on a MA2 in the AC. Only on the charger.

Reactions: dawgpilot

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu