DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the Parrot ANAFI Drone better than the DJI Mavic Air? What do you think?

I started with Parrot drones ending with the bebop 2, great value and I had plenty of hours flying it. The transition to DJI drones was like going from a go kart to a formula 1 car. The bebop seems like a toy now. I’m glad to see parrot are finally back in the game but I’ll be staying with my MP and MA.

I think I like it. At least I don't have to run GO to fly it. It does have an interesting camera/gimbal concept and I do like the absence of obstacle avoidance sensors.
That, and the fact that there is a European company behind it, or at least not Chinese.

Hmm.....if I'm going to buy another drone this is going to be a very serious option. I have had it with GO.

I started with Parrot drones ending with the bebop 2, great value and I had plenty of hours flying it. The transition to DJI drones was like going from a go kart to a formula 1 car. The bebop seems like a toy now. I’m glad to see parrot are finally back in the game but I’ll be staying with my MP and MA.

Well my MPP will stay - it's probably the last DJI bird which you can break free from the DJI surveillance nanny. And it has occusync.

Which they achieve by not using the whole of the sensor in the first place. Doesn't get much more deceitful.
I think the actual name is 'progress'. or maybe 'advanced technology'. But sure enough - from a DJI perspective the Parrot Anafi must look like one big pile of deceit.
i can understand that you guys are becoming nervous.

I think the actual name is 'progress'. or maybe 'advanced technology'. But sure enough - from a DJI perspective the Parrot Anafi must look like one big pile of deceit.
i can understand that you guys are becoming nervous.

Call it what you like but it's fake. Digital zoom is just that, not optical and therefore inferior with the same sensor. Parrot achieve it by not using the whole sensor in normal operation except when you "zoom" at which point they release the whole of it. It's why "zoom" in 4k is different to "zoom" in 1080p. You do understand that?

And why would anyone be nervous buying product from a company that owns the majority of Hasselblad? That sort of comment is just facile.

Anyway, when you're bored, give us a list of highly successful French companies would you, or are you too nervous?

Reactions: radman
Call it what you like but it's fake. Digital zoom is just that, not optical and therefore inferior with the same sensor.. You do understand that?

And why would anyone be nervous buying product from a company that owns the majority of Hasselblad?

What i understand is that you don't seem to understand the specs of 4k video - and the fact that 4k video does not require a 21mp sensor. And that this fact allows for lossless digital zoom in 4k.
As for Hasselblad - Hasselblad has been the bigest joke in photography in the last decade. Every time they released a product the entire planet was laughing for a year or so.All these sony cameras with these wooden grips at triple the price of a sony -- AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAA. Man - incredible stuff.

Last edited:
Parrot achieve it by not using the whole sensor in normal operation except when you "zoom" at which point they release the whole of it.?

Amazingly enough you don't even seem to understand the technique Parrot applied -- simple as it is (namely to crop).

Amazing debate. Please, where can I pick up an Anafi, so I can see for myself? Oh wait, it’s not out yet.

Pointless arguments until independent tests and the public have a go at it. You’re arguing about specs on paper and promotional videos. Again, pointless.

I will add, the Anafi remote is almost as heavy as the drone itself. Active track is a payable add-on. The HDR photos is done with only 2 shots not 3, as is standard.

Let’s wait and see. Then argue with a point and actual, tangible product.

Let’s wait and see. Then argue with a point and actual, tangible product.

well - that is something i can agree with. However - i have done a bit of exercise. Parrot Anafi DNG. Compared it with my MPP DNG.
And - just that is already amazing.

But beyond that - yes i agree: testing tangible products is best, What
i cannot agree with though is stuff like "Deceit ! Fake digital zoom !' because that is simply wrong.
Also i note that a 180 degree gimbal - is simply phantastic and i predict it will become *mandatory*.

Here is the link for the DNG in case you want to check for yourself (not HDR, plain DNG).
MEGA

For HDR, if I understood right it is vidéo live HDR recorded with 2 different ‘states’ of the sensor. I think they do not mention HDR photography with 2 shots as ‘traditionnally’

If I already owned a Mavic Air, I think I would keep it as it is a wonderful quad but as I don’t... specs that are important to me are present in the Anafi.
I’ll wait for the real tests after launch and probably will buy it.

At this level, I am not sure we can clearly state that one is better than the other. We see two different machines that have their own specs and a little bit of competition is not that bad...

at first my new Anafi was ok not great but yesterday received an update on my new Anafi. it would not record anything after that. today it says my sd card can not be seen. i have gone through three new sd cards with same results. way to go parrot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy