DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a large circle around your aircraft all the time?

dwolfe002

Reactions
I had problems with unlocking Geozones and when I got that fairly well straightened out and a ticket with DJI support I noticed I have a circle around the aircraft all the time. The circle seems to be about a 5 mile diameter and isn't a problem but I can't remember ever seeing it before I had problems unlocking a blue Geozone. Went out yesterday and tried it in two different places and the center of the circle travels with me. Does anyone else have this showing up on their map?

I'm flying a mavic 2 pro. I don't have a screen shot but can get one tomorrow. I never noticed it before I had problems with getting a license for a geozone. Now this circle follows me everywhere I go. Just today I was thinking that I allowed DJI to track my location on the last two reloads of the app and that could possibly be what it is but really don't think so.

Reactions: offtheback
I'm flying a mavic 2 pro. I don't have a screen shot but can get one tomorrow. I never noticed it before I had problems with getting a license for a geozone. Now this circle follows me everywhere I go. Just today I was thinking that I allowed DJI to track my location on the last two reloads of the app and that could possibly be what it is but really don't think so.
We in Malta are worse off as we have warning zones and enhanced warning zones on the whole island. I was told that there should be an update soon. These pictures show today's yellow hue and the other shows how it was before. 20190303_100446.jpeg20190305_182719.jpeg

What are you flying? Screenshots?

I have never see what you describe on CS or iPhonr XS max with Spark, MPP, or M2P.

This is the screen shot. The circle follows me so it's not a problem but it started out very small, maybe half a city block and then got larger. I've never seen it before until I had problems with getting a license to fly in a blue geozone. I am flying a M2P.IMG_0005.PNG

This is showing up in posts from several members. I updated all the programs on my iPhone, controller, CS, and M2P yesterday and the flew through 3 batteries and didn’t see this. I have other drones (Spark & MPP) and didn’t fly them. I am still using beginner mode on my M2P to be sure of it’s function and my knowledge of/ability to quickly use the controls.

What mode are you flying? Maybe that’s where the difference comes in.

At least your circles are translucent. Some are apparently getting complete opacity of the described circle.

This is showing up in posts from several members. I updated all the programs on my iPhone, controller, CS, and M2P yesterday and the flew through 3 batteries and didn’t see this. I have other drones (Spark & MPP) and didn’t fly them. I am still using beginner mode on my M2P to be sure of it’s function and my knowledge of/ability to quickly use the controls.

What mode are you flying? Maybe that’s where the difference comes in.

At least your circles are translucent. Some are apparently getting complete opacity of the described circle.

Thanks Thomas. I think I will reload the app again and not allow DJI to track my location and see if that makes any difference.

Take care and happy flying!

Reactions: Thomas B
I think it either has something to with the license request or the reload of the DJI Go 4 app. When you download the app it asks you if want to allow DJI to share your pictures and I think your location. When I reloaded the app I decided to allow them to know my location just in case. I'm going to reload the app when I get time and not allow any access and see if that corrects it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead