DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a newer version of the SC around the corner?

I've seen some youtube videos that say the Smart Controller and the new Air 2S video lags badly on the controller.
YouTube videos are generally one of the worst places anyone can go for useful and accurate information on any product at any point in time.
Without scientific testing (or posting 'accurate' info), I would say it's noticeable if you're looking for it, but not terrible... maybe 1/8th or 1/10th of a second? However, that's a subjective measurement. If you're comparing it to flying racing quads, you're going to think it's absolutely terrible. If you're using it to fly autonomous missions or photo work it will be just fine, and if you didn't know any better you probably wouldn't notice it at all. The gray area in what's acceptable video latency comes when actively tracking a fast-moving 'target'. I've personally never done this... I got my SC when I purchased my M2EA three weeks ago, and just got my M2Pro today.

Even with the 1000nit advertised peak brightness, it's quite hard to see at solar noon in Texas. I might buy a sun-hood I can fold up when not in use for easy storage. If they do make a new one I hope it's at least 2x as bright.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kashifkhattak