DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a secure way to do a payment plan sale?

BSauce955

Inspire or be Inspired
Approved Vendor
Reactions
So I’m looking to buy a DJI Mavic 3 Pro. Unfortunately, I’m a broke college student so I can’t simply purchase outright. I’m hoping to be able to purchase it and use the money produced to pay it off and fund college as well. I was originally going to buy brand new and use some sort of payment plan method, but was wondering if there’s be a way to do the same but for a used drone. Not sure if there’s some type of service to have that done but figured it’d be convenient for both parties because the seller would get full retail price for their used drone and I’d save on taxes and interest. I doubt there’s such a service but figured couldn’t hurt to ask.

By buying used, it is possible to save on taxes. However, not so sure you can "borrow" money and not pay any interest. However, there are plenty of payment options which allow you to charge the full price and then repay in installments (sometimes for a small fee) and you can find those with some credit cards. Usually the repayment terms are 4, 6, or 12 months. I'm not the expert in this area but it seems to me if you want to start/run a business and you need capital, you get a business loan. Since you are posting and asking for advice, my suggestion is start smaller with something more affordable like the Air2S in your signature. If you are a college student and you're trying to use a drone to pay off college, perhaps you can find a different way to pay for your tuition.

Reactions: BSauce955
By buying used, it is possible to save on taxes. However, not so sure you can "borrow" money and not pay any interest. However, there are plenty of payment options which allow you to charge the full price and then repay in installments (sometimes for a small fee) and you can find those with some credit cards. Usually the repayment terms are 4, 6, or 12 months. I'm not the expert in this area but it seems to me if you want to start/run a business and you need capital, you get a business loan. Since you are posting and asking for advice, my suggestion is start smaller with something more affordable like the Air2S in your signature. If you are a college student and you're trying to use a drone to pay off college, perhaps you can find a different way to pay for your tuition.
I don’t want to use it as the only means, I just figured it might be an easy side hustle especially considering my on-campus job is photography oriented. Additionally, I think drone footage would make my work stand out and maybe lead to more opportunities with the school. Also, I was thinking maybe a service that would allow me to make payments to the seller without the loan part.

So I’m looking to buy a DJI Mavic 3 Pro. Unfortunately, I’m a broke college student so I can’t simply purchase outright. I’m hoping to be able to purchase it and use the money produced to pay it off and fund college as well. I was originally going to buy brand new and use some sort of payment plan method, but was wondering if there’s be a way to do the same but for a used drone. Not sure if there’s some type of service to have that done but figured it’d be convenient for both parties because the seller would get full retail price for their used drone and I’d save on taxes and interest. I doubt there’s such a service but figured couldn’t hurt to ask.
I suppose you could buy used from eBay... eBay has that PayPal credit 6 months no interest. But if you go that route make sure you pay it off before the 6 months otherwise interest will hose you.

Good luck with finding the best option, I feel going new and a suitable payment plan you can afford is best.
you don't want to be buying other peoples problems 2nd hand . . . of course buying genuine reason sales on the forum here is reasonably safer, but not sure how you could do the payment thing, unless getting a low interest credit card and making sure you pay a balanced amount to clear it asap . . . AND not using the card like many people are tempted to !
Maybe have a parent hold onto the actual card, or freeze it in a block of ice like some say they do, to avoid spontaneous use.

an easy side hustle especially considering my on-campus job is photography oriented. Additionally, I think drone footage would make my work stand out and maybe lead to more opportunities with the school.

Do you have your part 107 ?
This could be a case where it'd be needed, even if the 'job' is experienced based.

PS. you may have it already, can't recall if you did ever go for it there.

Saving up money until you can afford to buy a used DJI Mavic 3 Pro in full. You can do this by cutting down on your expenses, finding ways to increase your income, or selling some of your belongings. This option might take longer, but it will also save you from paying interest or fees, and it will give you more time to research and compare different options.

Do you have your part 107 ?
This could be a case where it'd be needed, even if the 'job' is experienced based.

PS. you may have it already, can't recall if you did ever go for it there.
Not yet. I have the exam scheduled for August now that I’ve finished high school. Regulations is a killer.😩

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1