DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a setting to auto download photos to your phone?

Tweeter

Reactions
Is there a setting to auto download photos to your phone for the mini? I know how to do it on the Mavic air2 but can’t figure out how to do it with the mini.

I think you can only download each photo individually to the phone via the album in DJI Fly or you could use the select all function (or does that only work for delete)

Probably easier to see the cache photos on the phone and download the full size photos from the SD card to the PC for more detailed viewing and post production

I think there’s no option for an additional auto-download in the software while saving onto the microSD. But I think there was the possibility if you don’t use a card at all: I once did a test flight without a card and the shutter button changed to a version with a smartphone icon in it. So when shooting, the pictures and videos you take should be stored directly onto your phone‘s memory?

I don’t know if it saves the complete data (resolution and so on) onto your phone but it might be an alternative to the additional software option.

I think you can only download each photo individually to the phone via the album in DJI Fly or you could use the select all function (or does that only work for delete)

Probably easier to see the cache photos on the phone and download the full size photos from the SD card to the PC for more detailed viewing and post production

For me, Mavic Mini photos are never saved into smartphone cache. Only low quality MP4 video files saved into cache. If I want photos I have to pick them from Mini SD card.

Are there any settings for that ?

I'm using DJI FLy Android version 1.1.6

Thanks a lot

R.

Last edited:
Is there a setting to auto download photos to your phone for the mini? I know how to do it on the Mavic air2 but can’t figure out how to do it with the mini.

It did when I first got the MM but after one of the updates, it only caches the videos and I have to download the photos manually via the app whilst still connected to the drone. Android.
Annoying as I always remember once I've packed everything away!

It did when I first got the MM but after one of the updates, it only caches the videos and I have to download the photos manually via the app whilst still connected to the drone. Android.
Annoying as I always remember once I've packed everything away!
And running the battery down during download, I've started moving the SD card but then I may forget to move the card back again when I fly next and not be ready when get to the field without an SD card.

And running the battery down during download, I've started moving the SD card but then I may forget to move the card back again when I fly next and not be ready when get to the field without an SD card.

I did that once... had driven miles and everything was perfect- and then realised I didn't have an SD card!
First thing I did was order another when I got home so always one in the computer and one in the MM

Reactions: ff22
For me, Mavic Mini photos are never saved into smartphone cache. Only low quality MP4 video files saved into cache. If I want photos I have to pick them from Mini SD card.

Are there any settings for that ?

I'm using DJI FLy Android version 1.1.6

Thanks a lot

R.
I have th same issues with the Mini; photos are never cached; only video. On the MA2, both cache, but the Mini doesn't cache photos for some reason. Any pointers?
Ian

I have started a topic on that issue before. It seems there is no auto-save for pictures on your phone. Strange, since video takes much more space... Pity, since that takes away the possibility to show bystanders the pictures you have taken immediately after landing.

I have started a topic on that issue before. It seems there is no auto-save for pictures on your phone. Strange, since video takes much more space... Pity, since that takes away the possibility to show bystanders the pictures you have taken immediately after landing.
You can still show the pictures but you have to transfer them manually, at least, it appears that it cannot be done in any automatic fashion. See the composite photo below. Just be careful. While photos transfer rather quickly, videos can take minutes and the transfer uses battery power of both the drone and the phone/tablet. So doing it on the ground is safer but it can be done while still flying but it would be best to only transfer photos while in the air.

Mini-Download Pics.jpg

Reactions: Ronny St.
I have th same issues with the Mini; photos are never cached; only video. On the MA2, both cache, but the Mini doesn't cache photos for some reason. Any pointers?
Ian
Since this is the first post by you that I've noticed, I want to thank you for your various videos on Mavic drones. They have been very helpful.

Thanks you for your very clear answer, ff2 Thumbswayup But videos can be shown directly in a lower quality on the smartphone, photos can't, and that is a pity. Since video takes a lot more of memory, I just can't understand why the DJI app does not include automatic saving of pictures on your smartphone. I suppose we will have to live with that.

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21