DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a way to fly Mavic Zoom without internet or cell data?

DagDerniT

Reactions
Hey guys,
Just as the title asks... I am going to be without a cell plan till the end of the month of March as we are changing plans. There was a post a year ago about logging into Go4 app while you were somewhere able to and you could fly by not getting off site/ staying signed in. Does that still work? Please private message me if you feel you might be scrutinized, lol. I know how there is alot of drone police on these forums =)
Thanks in advance!

Those permissions I check off and the text I receive when I take-off are just pre programmed in the Go4 app? Holy ****! For the past 2 years or whenever those permission things started have kept me from going to some places close to Mt Rainier. I will have to jump in my Jeep next sunny day and see if it works...

No cell/internet needed. I always fly with my tablet in airplane mode to cut overhead. Have not connected Go 4 to internet in two years.

Reactions: Thomas B
Those permissions I check off and the text I receive when I take-off are just pre programmed in the Go4 app? Holy ****! For the past 2 years or whenever those permission things started have kept me from going to some places close to Mt Rainier. I will have to jump in my Jeep next sunny day and see if it works...
You didn't mention having to unlock a blue authorization zone. If you unlock onsite through the app, you do need internet. However you can unlock "offline" from DJI's fly safe site ahead of time.

Reactions: Kilrah
You didn't mention having to unlock a blue authorization zone. If you unlock onsite through the app, you do need internet. However you can unlock "offline" from DJI's fly safe site ahead of time.
Or just do it with your phone with AirMap, etc.

Those permissions I check off and the text I receive when I take-off are just pre programmed in the Go4 app?
No, but you never mentioned needing that. That needs internet, but as mentioned you can do it from home in advance so as not to need a connection on location.

Or just do it with your phone with AirMap, etc.
He said he wouldn't have a cell plan so can't do that on location. And DJI GO still needs to get the data to allow you to unlock the zone so that needs to be connected too.

No, but you never mentioned needing that. That needs internet, but as mentioned you can do it from home in advance so as not to need a connection on location.

He said he wouldn't have a cell plan so can't do that on location. And DJI GO still needs to get the data to allow you to unlock the zone so that needs to be connected too.

So, will I be able to fly then?

It's funny what the manual will tell you to
I've read the manual. The RE goggles were having range issues for a long time. I was pissed about it as I hate spending money on something that doesnt work as stated. Dji finally did do a update that fixed the issue and I wasn't aware that it had happened...

Hey guys,
Just as the title asks... I am going to be without a cell plan till the end of the month of March as we are changing plans. There was a post a year ago about logging into Go4 app while you were somewhere able to and you could fly by not getting off site/ staying signed in. Does that still work? Please private message me if you feel you might be scrutinized, lol. I know how there is alot of drone police on these forums =)
Thanks in advance!
Just cashe your maps before you go out. At home in DJI GO 4 app bring up the area you want to fly in, make sure you have cashe map turned on in settings, lots of YouTube’s on the subject.

Cashing the map in GO4 is automatic. In general settings it shows the cashe as being 4.8 GB for both maps and video, its a constant overwrite .4B7F27C5-B4BA-4140-8EE4-BDF024C0681D.jpeg

Reactions: Flynz
Same works if you use Litchi and you don't get all the update prompts with Litchi. Cache the maps and you are good to go

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
56cbr600rr