DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a way to get my Mavic 2 Pro to come down faster?

Did you check the flight log at 12 m/s? It would be interesting to see if the magnitude of the pitch and roll excursions is any larger than at 3 m/s.

nope, i did only visual checks as i know how an unstable bird looks and sounds. plus, at that time i was stuck with my smart controller not connecting to the windows 10 usb as it has its stupid debugging mode active - that prevented data connection from working. i then erased it and reprogrammed it trying to fix the issue, until found it was an active developer debug mode that was the reason.

If you descend (down-stick) at the same time you are flying back to you (forward-stick), then the Mavic will get back to you quicker, because even though the max. descent rate is the same, you are taking a more direct route i.e. you are flying the angled 'hypotenuse' of the triangle rather than flying back at the same height, then descending from direct over-head. The shortest & quickest way between two points, is after all, a straight line ...

@DaddyDe All things being equal, FoxhallGH has to be correct. You wanted to get the Mavic back to you as quickly as possible which means you either have to reduce distance or increase speed. Since your battery was running low your only choice is to reduce distance and his answer does that. The descent rate wouldn't make nearly the difference in your case since you can't descend too rapidly anyway due to you being up a mountain slope. Even if you could, the closest path is a straight line and would get your aircraft at least closer to you if not safely home.

You probably already know this trick, but if you face the Mavic toward you to fly it back, push forward-stick, and then pull down-stick just enough that the Mavic (spot in the sky!) appears to be steady (i.e. not rising or falling), then the Mavic will be flying directly back at you (and hit you in the head), on the most direct path ...

The faster way to descend is to cut off the motors. It'll come down real fast! LOL! :p JUST JOKING! Don't do cut off your motors!

Seriously . . . what I typically do to descend as rapidly as possible from higher altitudes (and to avoid prop-wash) is to perform a tight spiraling action—a "corkscrew" maneuver. Although it takes some practice, it's actually fun to do.

If using the default stick mode (Mode 2), simply pull down the left stick all the way and just a small bit to the left or right (this descends while adding a bit of yaw), while slightly pushing the right stick very slightly forward and a bit to the left or right (this administers some forward motion pitch & roll) in same direction as the left stick's yaw.

I recommend practicing doing this on all your upcoming flights. It's fun, practical for rapid descent, and increases your command of the drone.

Is there some setting or method that I can utilize that will allow my Mavic 2 Pro to come back down faster? I live on a canyon ranch in Idaho and the mountains around me extend up several thousand feet. I was at 800+' altitude from my launch point but still way below the top of the mountains so still at a legal height. It was a cold day, in the low 30s Fahrenheit at launch point, possibly colder as I went higher... As a result, My battery went down to 25% fairly quickly so I started bringing her down but it would only come down at the rate of about a foot or two per second and did not have enough battery to make it back down to the launch point before running out of battery. The system tried to bring it home automatically at some battery percentage but it still came down too slowly... I was able to guide it over a bush so that when it ran out of juice and fell it had a soft crash in the brush and fortunately just scratched the blades a bit... There must be some setting that I am not familiar with that will allow it to come down faster? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in Advance.
I have the real solution for you if you didn't find it yet. Tested it 100 times already without any issue.

Which would be?
The easiest way to adjust your descent parameters is with this software that can access and re-write any parameter without using an editor or any of the CLI methods. Drone-Hacks, the best way to hack your DJI Drone - Download

I've increased mine to 8m/s but be very careful since it takes a lot longer to stop at that speed. You can go as high as 10m/s descent. You can specify in which mode (sport, position, etc) to apply the change. My suggestion would be increase the sport mode speeds, but leave program mode mostly the same, or mildly increased for safety.

The easiest way to adjust your descent parameters is with this software that can access and re-write any parameter without using an editor or any of the CLI methods. Drone-Hacks, the best way to hack your DJI Drone - Download

I've increased mine to 8m/s but be very careful since it takes a lot longer to stop at that speed. You can go as high as 10m/s descent. You can specify in which mode (sport, position, etc) to apply the change. My suggestion would be increase the sport mode speeds, but leave program mode mostly the same, or mildly increased for safety.
Yea, i'm using that program but obviously for my MAVIC MINI 2 there are no such settings.
Can you please tell me which parameters exactly did you change?

Give me a minute to fire up a VM and check it.
"mode_sport_cfg_vert_vel_down|g_config.mode_sport_cfg.vert_vel_down",. "min": -10.0,. "max": -1.0,. "default": -3.0,. "value": "-8.000000"

you can search 'vert_vel' in advanced parameters

Attachments

• dji vert vel down sport.jpg
    dji vert vel down sport.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 9
Hello my friend you can download this app called NOLIMITDRONEZ there you buy a license for your aircraft and you will an option called modify parameters. 0001556_activation-key-for-nld-mod-client.png
In normal mode you adjust the vertical ascent & descent i put it in 6 both of them so my drone goes up faster and comes does faster either.

Hello my friend you can download this app called NOLIMITDRONEZ there you buy a license for your aircraft and you will an option called modify parameters. View attachment 141821
In normal mode you adjust the vertical ascent & descent i put it in 6 both of them so my drone goes up faster and comes does faster either.
you sure it works for MINI 2? Meanwhile i'll try the Assistant 2 method

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO