DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there a way to increase video brightness?

Buel

Reactions
Hi all,
I used my mini to video me welding in a workshop (an alternative angle, I thought) but when I did it the next day, I thought it was the same lighting in there but the video brightness was awful, can this be adjusted?

Welding is a pretty (virtually impossible really) thing to record properly. I’m a welder as well.

I can’t think of a bigger lighting discrepancy than an arc flash 5x brighter than the sun in an indoor environment lol.

Most pros struggle with an outdoor shot with the sun in frame.

Welding is a pretty (virtually impossible really) thing to record properly. I’m a welder as well.

I can’t think of a bigger lighting discrepancy than an arc flash 5x brighter than the sun in an indoor environment lol.

Most pros struggle with an outdoor shot with the sun in frame.
Ha, thanks for that. Wow, another Welder.
Don't misunderstand me though, this isn't for close up footage of the arc, more to show students the technique. Let me post you the clip so far.....(see how the lighting is actually okay, so it's the query over can one adjust the lighting on the mini which is more my question but would still welcome your thoughts on this)

Last edited:
Actually it looks fine to me... I watch a ton of those tutorial type welding videos and that’s about as good of a job as I’ve seen. The arc is obviously going to blow out any visibility near the arc. The fact that the entire image isn’t blown out and shows all of the detail in the room is a good job in my book.

I’m not the biggest photography nerd but I think the only thing you could play with is the ISO. Other than that you’re probably limited to brightness in post editing.

Unrelated question,.. How did you get sound?

Actually it looks fine to me... I watch a ton of those tutorial type welding videos and that’s about as good of a job as I’ve seen. The arc is obviously going to blow out any visibility near the arc. The fact that the entire image isn’t blown out and shows all of the detail in the room is a good job in my book.

I’m not the biggest photography nerd but I think the only thing you could play with is the ISO. Other than that you’re probably limited to brightness in post editing.

Unrelated question,.. How did you get sound?
Thanks for that. I am quite analytical so am not happy that there needs to be much more added to it so it's not just a promo video and it's more like a real tuition video....but that will come.
The sound was from my camcorder which was placed under the trestle to try and capture the underside of the butt. It serves no real educational purpose but.....I thought it looked cool ;)

Color me quite impressed. Steady hand, there!
Ha, please don't be. It ruddy should be steady after doing it so many times over the years.
That video needs a 'finished article', too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11