DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

is there a way to pre-download maps?

Saw on an official DJI forum thread (I googled it-dont remember EXACTLY where) that it was not available yet but they would 'look into it' as a future feature.

ok, makes sense. as it will be used mostly with my phone it is not a deal braker. just pity it still charges my phone from that remote no matter what.

Just go through the map where you intend to fly while you have internet and don't close the app.
yeah, may be.

well, 2 things i definitely dislike very much about this new model is the controller and the app. both are, well, quite retarded.

it is a total shame dji go4 does not support this model and old controller does not link to it. it is truly a pity, and, really has no ral good excuse, as i am quite sure old controller has all the tech needed to establish connection to this new drone. but, it is what it is. if i find no good use for it i will give it to my kids for destruction. :)

None of the remotes of one Mavic model can link with another model, particularly between different transmission protocols.
The only possibly would be with an Air remote that also uses enhanced Wi-Fi.

yeah, may be.

well, 2 things i definitely dislike very much about this new model is the controller and the app. both are, well, quite retarded.

it is a total shame dji go4 does not support this model and old controller does not link to it. it is truly a pity, and, really has no ral good excuse, as i am quite sure old controller has all the tech needed to establish connection to this new drone. but, it is what it is. if i find no good use for it i will give it to my kids for destruction. :)
You do know it’s a entry level drone? Yeah give to your kids, let them crash it. Makes sense.

You do know it’s a entry level drone? Yeah give to your kids, let them crash it. Makes sense.
Go4 app supports air and spark, there was no need to separate mini from the rest of the lineup. Hardware in mini has same generic capabilities as air and spark as well. But, whatever. It is what it is and is good enough at it.

It is likely that your problem is that the mini changes the DJI api. DJI may have done it to gain additional functionality, or for marketing reasons. For whatever reason, the older user interface software (go4) doesn’t use it. Note that Litchi doesn’t support the mini either for the same reason

ok, makes sense. as it will be used mostly with my phone it is not a deal braker. just pity it still charges my phone from that remote no matter what.
I believe you could get a data only cord that would stop the charging of your phone.

It would be interesting to see if that works consistently and on all Androids, considering USB minimum specs say host needs to be capable of providing 500mA to the device, and at least some Androids want to see power on the power leads or else they ignore the USB.

Reactions: Capt KO
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky