DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

is there any NFZ - free moded DJI GO app for AIR?

Sometimes Dji incorrectly creates a nfz when no such zone exists.

I fly a drone that belongs to my employer and we had an incident where it would not take off due to such an issue. Double checked the map. No controlled airspace and no Tfr.

My mavic on older firmware takes off from the same location no problem.

Super frustrating.
That's why I still have my 2016 operating system and old app on a dedicated iPad mini. I'll never "upgrade."

Reactions: genesimmons
That's why I still have my 2016 operating system and old app on a dedicated iPad mini. I'll never "upgrade."

Glad you have that Old ipad setup. Probably no way to get the Mavic to work with your perfectly fine old cellphone. :D
never update.jpg

I would like to see a reliable app that allows us preprogram waypoints. I would also like it to increase the range beyond 500 meters.

Based purely on the title of your thread, why do you want to fly in a No Fly Zone???

Here's an example: my elderly father lives about 1/2 mile from a major international airport. However, he's off to the side and roughly aligned to the middle of the runways - this means there is ZERO fixed-wing traffic over his neighborhood, just a very-occasional transiting helicopter at several hundred feet or more and even those almost always nowhere near his neighborhood.

DJI wants to ground my Mavic, Dad would like to inspect his roof, but he can't climb ladders anymore. So I upgraded my Mavic some time ago to remove all NFZ stuff and took him on a Goggle-assisted tour of his roof at a life-threatening (in DJI's eyes) 30 feet above his lawn - he got a great view with the goggles along with perspectives and angles he couldn't get even if he was up there. And he's also got a video record of the flight to show his handyman which areas need attention.

Mission accomplished. Suck eggs, DJI.

I won't bother rehashing all the erroneous data and stupidly-drawn simple circles in the DJI NFZ database, nor the fact they're the self-appointed World Drone Police and other companies don't do that to their customers. Plus I'm just ornery and averse to the Chicoms dictating my actions. :mad:

Last edited:
Here's an example: my elderly father lives about 1/2 mile from a major international airport. However, he's off to the side and roughly aligned to the middle of the runways - this means there is ZERO fixed-wing traffic over his neighborhood, just a very-occasional transiting helicopter at several hundred feet or more and even those almost always nowhere near his neighborhood.

DJI wants to ground my Mavic, Dad would like to inspect his roof, but he can't climb ladders anymore. So I upgraded my Mavic some time ago to remove all NFZ stuff and took him on a Goggle-assisted tour of his roof at a life-threatening (in DJI's eyes) 30 feet above his lawn - he got a great view with the goggles along with perspectives and angles he couldn't get even if he was up there. And he's also got a video record of the flight to show his handyman which areas need attention.

Mission accomplished. Suck eggs, DJI.

I won't bother rehashing all the erroneous data and stupidly-drawn simple circles in the DJI NFZ database, nor the fact they're the self-appointed World Drone Police and other companies don't do that to their customers. Plus I'm just ornery and averse to the Chicoms dictating my actions. :mad:
Oh

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas