DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

is there any NFZ - free moded DJI GO app for AIR?

Shewie007

Reactions
Air joined my family just recently to be a part of my Anafi - AIR Hybrid. Basically propellers from Anafi mounted on AIR.
Since I was flying in the past DJI Spark on fully modded app plus Mavic Pro same way I wanted to know if AIR is as supported in that matter as those two older siblings. I have to say, using a modified apps on both of those UAV's made them almost a completely different device with broad potential - extra perks unlocked like FCC or Battery Modes straight from the app. To my surprise none of those apps I've used to use are supporting Mavic Air. :(

So my question to you, is the Mavic Air supported by "any app" that unlocks all the "possibilities and functions" this drone could have?

Thanks.

Reactions: Grumpy D
Based purely on the title of your thread, why do you want to fly in a No Fly Zone???

Based purely on the title of your thread, why do you want to fly in a No Fly Zone???

I'm a responsible pilot. with 170hours on air. with 8 batteries on spark and 4 for Pro. I think thats self explanatory and isn't really a subject of that topic.
Modified software for both spark and mavic pro are all over the place. Wanted to know if the same applies for Air. Thank You.

Some of the apps have added 'partial' support for the Air (Sports+ normal+ I think is about it at the moment), but none have the full unlock yet.

Kinda depends, what if I was at a local small airfield, with permisions etc, but the app locks you down. Kinda see where it's useful to fly without the 'nanny' in the background. But hey, most people want it to remove some of the other things that are locked down. Sports+ on some of the other DJI Drones is invaluable for tracking things like cars and bikes for example.

Was just an example was all, but yeah, 1.5 KM not miles btw, although hey. Oh and in the UK it's 1km of ANY airport (from the end of this month, oh and All drones capable are ceiling'ed at 400ft) oh and while I remember, there's actually a very 'wooly' law in the UK, "Never fly near aircraft"

In fact the CAA rule is....

Always fly your drone away from aircraft, helicopters, airports and airfields. New laws introduced on 30 May 2018 restricts all drones from flying above 400 feet and within 1km of airport boundaries.
For those in the UK, here's the Official CAA 'DroneCode'

Attachments

• Dronecode_2018-07-30.pdf
    136.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
My word, it's even worse in the USA!

1. Fly at or below 400 feet
  2. Be aware of airspace requirements and restrictions
  3. Stay away from surrounding obstacles
  4. Keep your drone within sight
  5. Never fly near other aircraft, especially near airports <- Think this one would cover the UK rules in the USA, so technically it's the same as the UK, no Airport or place with Aircraft.
  6. Never fly over groups of people
  7. Never fly over stadiums or sports events
  8. Never fly near emergency response efforts such as fires
  9. Never fly under the influence of drugs or alcohol
additional safety guidelines:

1. Keep your drone in eyesight, and use an observer to assist if needed.
  2. Remain at least 25 feet from individuals and vulnerable property.
  3. Do not fly in adverse weather conditions (high winds, reduced visibility, etc).
  4. Do not fly near or over sensitive infrastructure or property (power stations, water treatment facilities, correctional facilities, heavily traveled roadways, government facilities, etc).
  5. Do not conduct surveillance or photograph persons in areas where there is an expectation of privacy without the individual’s permission.

My word, it's even worse in the USA!

1. Fly at or below 400 feet
  2. Be aware of airspace requirements and restrictions
  3. Stay away from surrounding obstacles
  4. Keep your drone within sight
  5. Never fly near other aircraft, especially near airports <- Think this one would cover the UK rules in the USA, so technically it's the same as the UK, no Airport or place with Aircraft.
  6. Never fly over groups of people
  7. Never fly over stadiums or sports events
  8. Never fly near emergency response efforts such as fires
  9. Never fly under the influence of drugs or alcohol
additional safety guidelines:

1. Keep your drone in eyesight, and use an observer to assist if needed.
  2. Remain at least 25 feet from individuals and vulnerable property.
  3. Do not fly in adverse weather conditions (high winds, reduced visibility, etc).
  4. Do not fly near or over sensitive infrastructure or property (power stations, water treatment facilities, correctional facilities, heavily traveled roadways, government facilities, etc).
  5. Do not conduct surveillance or photograph persons in areas where there is an expectation of privacy without the individual’s permission.

Not really worse. Most of those are guidelines and fall under the "fly safe" rule. Also, all of them apply to everyone everywhere (as a part of safe flying).

True ;) just so many people when your out and about tell you what your allowed to do, even if they have never picked up let alone flown a drone. Makes me giggle. But like everything in life, be sensible and safe!

Pretty simple really :)

I just wanted to clarify one important aspect of that topic.

According to map a NFZ area is strictly linked to the certain places over the london such as Airports, Stadiums etc.
Since I started flying in London I've always considered NATS to be a handy tool to determine NFZ areas in London.

NFZ from NATS and NFZ from DJI differs one from each other.
DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography
Home | NATS Drone Portal

can someone put my worries to the rest reassuring me about those areas giving me little insight about understanding the difference between those maps.
I'm always putting safety first and always abiding to general and local borough UAV's law

London looks like a right PITA to fly in to be fair :)

London looks like a right PITA to fly in to be fair :)

but which map is actually reflecting to the real status of restricted areas in London (besides of those obvious)?
I concur, London UAV map is nothing else but
miner.jpg

Reactions: Grumpy D
Basically propellers from Anafi mounted on AIR.
I'm interested how this engineering feat came to be, since propellers are mechanically completely different. My main concern is of course the safety aspect that was already brought up in the earlier posts about NFZ, but this I have no words for.

61Li6P2.png

Sometimes Dji incorrectly creates a nfz when no such zone exists.

I fly a drone that belongs to my employer and we had an incident where it would not take off due to such an issue. Double checked the map. No controlled airspace and no Tfr.

My mavic on older firmware takes off from the same location no problem.

Super frustrating.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU