DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is there still a firmware concern?

jmfixitman

Reactions
Hi all, its been a while since I looked into this. I'm still on the original firmware my Mavic Pro came with (.0400), and am not having any issues which is why I have not updated. I don't fly a lot, or use a lot of fancy features, but am I missing out on anything significant? Or would updating lock me into something I don't want? I was using a moded Go4 app, but of course when I turn on the current app to use it says it needs to update the aircraft...

I've stayed on .0400 as well and have no plans to update. My plans are actually to downgrade at some point to 103.0700 and customize/remove firmware modules. This becomes a bit more difficult past .0400. I've also read that beyond .0400 firmware updates may be forced by DJI, preventing use of the aircraft until an update is done. Maybe someone here can verify that.

Reactions: jmfixitman
I didn't update firmware on my MP2 yet. And that's because I can't do it! Wifi, PC, Assistant 2, etc, etc, never worked.
So I still have the firmware that came with the AC.
Till now everything works fine, except for some messages on the RC telling me I need to update.

I have my MP with latest firmware and have had no issues for a long time with the latest 3 or 4 updates so far, so now I update after some days the update is available just to check the news if no mayor problem comes up.

That's my experience.

I didn't update firmware on my MP2 yet. And that's because I can't do it! Wifi, PC, Assistant 2, etc, etc, never worked.
So I still have the firmware that came with the AC.
Till now everything works fine, except for some messages on the RC telling me I need to update.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S