DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this any good?

Good first try! Excellent climbing reveal shot of the water.

My suggestions:
- try not to turn into the sun unless it is very high in the sky or you’re doing so to get the artifacts that it creates.
- Work on smooth use of sticks when videoing and use gradual gentle pressure to avoid the jerkiness that’s especially prominent in the first parts of your video.
- start trying to use transition effects between clips joined in a video.
- avoid videoing in situations that make the props visible. This will vary with maneuvering and wind direction as well as velocity. Sometimes just lowering the direction of the gimbal will do it. (Ie, pointing more downward)

Colors seem good and rich.

Like I do, just keep working on it.

Also.. quick question, where are the props showing?

Those were actually the prop shadows showing.
Obvious turning that way into the sun.
You shouldn’t see your props unless in sports mode, or have the gimbal set to pan upwards, neither of which you will do for cinematic video.

I agree with Thomas about your 3rd or so frame beach reveal, that’s what cinematic video is all about.
Search YouTube for drone cinematic video, there are some awesome tutorials on there for both flight techniques, and settings to use.

Have fun learning as there is so much to become knowledgeable in with flying and post editing.

Hi,

Maybe get hold of some ND and ND/P filters and have a play with different settings.

Watch a few more YT Vids on using ND filters and camera settings.

Smooth movements - again watch some vids on settings...

Onward and Upwards.

Reactions: Dev_Tesla
Nice flight. I try to keep my clips to a maximum of 10 seconds. People have short attention spans and if you keep changing scenes they don't have to wait to see what comes up next!

We all have to start somewhere. Nice job and it was a good idea to allow us to review and provide comments.
As many have suggested smooth movements and avoid fast turns.
Keep practicing and in no time you'll be an Ace.

Good first try! Excellent climbing reveal shot of the water.

My suggestions:
- try not to turn into the sun unless it is very high in the sky or you’re doing so to get the artifacts that it creates.
- Work on smooth use of sticks when videoing and use gradual gentle pressure to avoid the jerkiness that’s especially prominent in the first parts of your video.
- start trying to use transition effects between clips joined in a video.
- avoid videoing in situations that make the props visible. This will vary with maneuvering and wind direction as well as velocity. Sometimes just lowering the direction of the gimbal will do it. (Ie, pointing more downward)

Colors seem good and rich.

Like I do, just keep working on it.
+1 (agree with what Tom said)
- Colors are rich but some are over-exposed. If I had to guess you didn't use a filter? I would go with minimum ND16 or ND32 depending on the time of day.

GREAT JOB OVERALL!!

Thanks for sharing your first video and reaching out for some helpful feedback. I do need to qualify my few comments to you/others: (1) I'm a first time drone owner (M2P) of a little over a month. (2) I've not yet produced a video for feedback, but working on it. (3) I do have an extensive still camera background.

<> You have done a very good job.
<> I agree with some other comments about shooting into the sun.
<> Early morning, around dusk/sundown, & cloudy days can be ideal.
<> Introduce some varying pacing in some of the clips. This can also be done in post.
<> Exploring shooting down along with...
<> Checkout YouTube on shooting tips {Tom's Tech Time. UAVisuals. Bart Johnson Products.}

Look forward to seeing additional material from you.

One other thing if you can try to find a more interesting area to photograph. Nothing in my opinion very interesting to look at .

It's about what to be expected from a firs video of someone with no experience in video. One day you will see it and lough or cringe. Keep on practicing. I'm sure you'll get there.

Thanks for sharing, better then my first attempt. I agree that ND filters will help. You might also want to think about a sun shade to help for lens flare and prop shadows. Not full proof but better then nothing.

Hi Dev_Tesla: Try watching this video on aircraft settings that will make your movements not quite so "herky-jerky" - this was the first thing I did when I was starting to make videos:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gplunk99