DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this hobby going to last?

I share many of the same concerns as the OP as someone looking to purchase my first drone in years (though it looks like the OP dove in Thumbswayup). I'm starting to think that if I get an MA2 I may just have to find somewhere to fly regularly and sit tight to see what regulations change.

It's times like this that I wish I still lived in a rural area with near endless areas of open sky.

It's probably not going to last with me. Between the laws, community paranoia, lack of available flying time (too cold, too windy, too dark, too wet, etc....I live in Eastern Washington), I'm just about done. I'm down to a 3dr Solo, Mavic Mini, M2P, and I'm waiting on my MA2. I don't get enough flying time to really get good. My drones have very few hours on them. I'm usually so tense that someone is going to drive up, walk up, etc, on me that I can't really relax. Anyway. It's too bad. The tech is so cool and interesting. I don't fly professionally and have no aspirations to do so. I think i'm going to find another hobby.
Let me try to understand this... in the same paragraph, you have said you just ordered a MA2 AND you think you’re getting out of the hobby? Lol. ?

life is an ever changing event,of happenings ,most of which are out of our control,nothing ever remains the same ,but its important to take control of the parts that we do have control over,and make the most of the time we have ,,if we worried about every little thing that could or might happen,then we would never do anything,if you really want to fly a drone then go for it

I bought Mavic Pro when they first came out $1000 down the drain. After buying another $500 in accessories and getting certified with all the red tape and so forth, money and time down the drain.

guess the moderators will delete this comment, I can’t believe they have not deleted this thread.

I bought Mavic Pro when they first came out $1000 down the drain. After buying another $500 in accessories and getting certified with all the red tape and so forth, money and time down the drain.

guess the moderators will delete this comment, I can’t believe they have not deleted this thread.
I bought $2000 worth of DJI equipment in March! If it all shut down tomorrow I have totally got my money's worth. Best $2K I've ever spent!

Reactions: pelagic_one
I bought $2000 worth of DJI equipment in March! If it all shut down tomorrow I have totally got my money's worth. Best $2K I've ever spent!

All the red tape? Took me 2 minutes and $5. Done! Legal registered drone operator.

Reactions: pelagic_one
life is an ever changing event,of happenings ,most of which are out of our control,nothing ever remains the same ,but its important to take control of the parts that we do have control over,and make the most of the time we have ,,if we worried about every little thing that could or might happen,then we would never do anything,if you really want to fly a drone then go for it
OMM you are right, fly safe and be happy, and, put a space after your commas. Ha Ha

• Haha
Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S