DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this it? The new mavic Jan 23?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smaller has me concerned

Me too. But. It says smaller and faster. I think they thought about things before they put this product out. The spark does pretty well. If the spark had the range of the mavic. I’d be a spark owner. Yeah I don’t need 4K. I do like the 3 axis gimble though.

Reactions: KevinPritchett
I don’t think it is. I’m thinking along the lines of a iPad mini

Imagine more of a racer than an M2. There is that Phantom R that they have been blatantly intentionally "leaking" more stuff about again too.

So they're focusing on speed and portability? Not camera? Doubt it'll be 4K capable since that would decrease the sale of MP.

Sounds like the original Mavic will stick around for a little longer. The Mavic Air will probably be more of a racing drone with a 1080p camera.

Sounds like the original Mavic will stick around for a little longer. The Mavic Air will probably be more of a racing drone with a 1080p camera.

That wouldn’t bother me. If that’s the case I might return my new mavic and snag one of those instead! I don’t have the skills to take good films anyways.

Reactions: KevinPritchett
I'm guessing it's the TELLO or perhaps the Phantom 5. I think the Mavic II will still be a while as DJI is probably sizing-up the CES announcements and ensuring they are competitive in the crowded sub-$1500 market.

I'm guessing it's the TELLO or perhaps the Phantom 5. I think the Mavic II will still be a while as DJI is probably sizing-up the CES announcements and ensuring they are competitive in the crowded sub-$1500 market.

I thought the tello was already unveiled? After seeing the advertising for it. Plus I doubt the tello is faster than the MP. The tello is going for 100$ And it’s smaller than the spark. So I highly doubt it’s that. Who knows. I’m just excited!

I thought the tello was already unveiled? After seeing the advertising for it. Plus I doubt the tello is faster than the MP. The tello is going for 100$ And it’s smaller than the spark. So I highly doubt it’s that. Who knows. I’m just excited!
Yes, I think you’re right about the TELLO. Just saw the marketing.

Ryze Tech said the Tello will not be available until sometime next month.

Mavic Air fills the price gap between Spark and Mavic Pro. I believe it Is to soon to announce an upgrade for the Pro-Consumer Mavic Pro, maybe August announcement gets them available for 3rd Qtr.

I remind all my friends that anyone purchasing any DJI product needs to expect that a new model is likely to be released very soon after their purchase. This industry is moving quickly, and as long as there is competition DJI seems to be intent on innovating and competing. It's good for us. Yes, in some cases it can be disappointing to spend so much $ only to have "the next best thing" released weeks later.

I would love this to be Mavic Pro 2, but I imagine just like many presume that it fits between Spark & Mavic, which is really great for those of us that like both platforms. I don't always need a Mavic, but I always seem to want a little more than a Spark.

My wish list includes something I wouldn't worry about flying in the rain, packs Spark type fun, and has the reliability and performance of Ocusync like Mavic.

Hopefully they come out with something good! That new autel evo looks nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa