DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this it? The new mavic Jan 23?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please note that the Epson Moverio are NOT goggles and should NOT be compared to goggles.;)

Your right... Smart Glasses. Let me clear up what I meant.
I would like to see either Smart Glasses that work without a glitch similar to the Epson Moverio but not at $799. Or smaller goggles in the size range of current VR Goggles.

Both are different in styles of course. The smart glasses allowing you to be in compliant with the law and still see the quadcopter as you fly but the image is superimposed and thus not giving you the submerses experience the goggles give.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anthony Viscomi
If we take a look at the Adventure Unfolds video it talks about how small and "Truly powerful" we are, which leads me to believe this will be probably the same size as the Mavic or maybe smaller but with a much improved camera and more obstacle avoidance, and the other features shown on the inspire 2 and DJI Phantom 4 Pro. This would be "True Power" if they could include all these elements onto a small drone, even the Mavic size.

got this in a news feed on my phone. What do you guys think? Is this the new mavic everyone has been waiting for?

DJI Mavic Air, a smaller, lighter and faster drone to be unveiled in NYC on Jan 23rd?

Personally, I would like to see the camera optics improved. Don't get me wrong...for what the Mavic is, the camera is pretty amazing. But if I were cornered into pointing out a short-coming, it would be the camera optics. The back end is just an X3 with a 1/2.3" sensor, which is fine for most photography/videography. Where the Mavic comes up short is the optics, which seem to produce a lot of chromatic and optical aberrations.

Reactions: hessc
If DJI is listening - PLEASE give us a better camera and video quality in the MP form factor.

Main themes “atoms, and molecules” “seemingly insignificant size” “something so small”, rain (several shots of rain, umbrellas, rain drops, clouds) and “powerful” is stated over and over. “Adventure unfolds” so it’s foldable. Twitter campaign about zooming into a photo, we can clearly assume it’s got zoom.

So we can assume it’s going to be water-resistant, really small, foldable and be powerful (assuming this means capability of camera), and have zoom.

**** curious what it’s gonna be!

If they have better customer support. That will be a winner for Autel . DJI hasn't got that yet.

Sigh. Just once I wish there could be a thread that didn't involve DJI bashing. I have a slight "problem" with my Crystalsky and I emailed DJI last night. I woke up to a response and a solution today. I'm sure that some other companies may do it better but one day email responses are pretty good in my opinion.

I have a bit of money tied up in my Mavic Pro. My guess is the new version (whatever it is) will require new batteries chargers and controllers not to mention all the aftermarket stuff. I also don't want a selfie drone. I see a smaller folding Mavic appealing to pocket people, cyclists or hikers but it's not for me. It would take some major upgrades compared to the MP before I jump. Now if this new product at least used the same controller I'd consider it if priced right.

Reactions: DAMIANG
My guess is the new version (whatever it is) will require new batteries chargers and controllers not to mention all the aftermarket stuff.
Oh you can bet on that

The Mavic is still hands-down the best overall drone on the market. Not cheap, but very high marks in all of the important areas. If I were to upgrade, or replace my Mavic with something better, the one thing it would have to have over my Mavic is a better sensor. I wouldn't go spending another $1K+ unless it had at least a 1" sensor. I could even live with having to increase the overall size and weight of the drone by up to 15%; though it MUST still be foldable. When it comes to optics, the Phantom 4 is much better than the Mavic. However, due to the fact it doesn't fold up and fit into a small backpack I can carry for several miles, it isn't a drone I can actually use.

I couldn't care less about it being faster. If I want fast, I'll go fly my 100 mph racing quad. Most of my Mavic flight time is spent at speeds no greater than 5 mph. The Mavic's design is geared for the adventurer. An adventurer wants great camera footage of their adventures. Small is good. Smaller is better if camera optics aren't compromised. However, a little bit bigger is ok if optics are improved.

I think the Mavic Pro is great and way ahead of the competition, I love mine. The Spark is nice but its a selfie quadcopter. When the Mavic gets a small as the Spark with 4k and 30 minute battery life then I will take the jump. The only problem I still have with the Mavic is its a bit intimidating to others because of its size and how loud it is. I'm sure Spark owners can go to a kids birthday party and fire up the Spark and none of the parents would blink. But fire up the Mavic and some parents start grabbing their kids by the hand to move away. If this is what DJI is introducing a smaller Mavic Pro spec quadcopter, then I think gets going to be a big hit. But market share of there other drones will suffer, are they willing to design something like that, who knows?

So we can assume it’s going to be water-resistant, really small, foldable and be powerful (assuming this means capability of camera), and have zoom.
That's a recipe of a competition "Killer"

I wish they'd go the other way. I want the Phontom Pro's camera on a mavic frame. I wouldn't mind a mavic that was 15 to 25% bigger for a far superior camera. I don't need a selfie drone.
I agree with you completely, the camera quality/ small sensor/gop issues etc drag down what is otherwise a terrific drone

Yeah not too keen on the word "water resistant"...can you image how many folks will slam them into a lake and file a warranty claim...OMG
I would be one of those folks :D

Just kidding, it would be nice to be able to fly in light rain especially in places like south east Asia

Reactions: Anthony Viscomi
Yeah not too keen on the word "water resistant"...can you image how many folks will slam them into a lake and file a warranty claim...OMG
Hahaha. True. Of course, I live in the Seattle area and can’t fly today or most days 9 months out of the year because it’s wet out so I’ll gladly take water resistant!

Anyone can fly in the rain? I saw one guy flying with snow on top of the drone DJI Mavic.

Anyone can fly in the rain? I saw one guy flying with snow on top of the drone DJI Mavic.
take your computer out in the snow,see how that works,same difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markshsv