DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this it? The new mavic Jan 23?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. But. It says smaller and faster. I think they thought about things before they put this product out. The spark does pretty well. If the spark had the range of the mavic. I’d be a spark owner. Yeah I don’t need 4K. I do like the 3 axis gimble though.
I am guessing a fixed-wing AC, completely different and no competition.

Reactions: Greg Smithski
That ain't the Mavic II. It's just a product to boost DJI's market share in the medium price range. There's nothing yet in that segment with such speed and camera quality. It's mission: to make other mfrs suspend production and go back to the drawing board.

You can bet that the Mavic II (or whatever they call it) will be better than the MP in every respect--speed, gimbal, camera, flight time, obstacle avoidance, software, etc. Price will be higher, no doubt. Upgrading will be a no brainer.

Just sayin'.
Doubtful

Reactions: dewster
Idk look at what autel is coming out with....it better be something decent!

Reactions: dewster
All I wish for is a better camera with more powerful 4K processing software, 30-60 fps. The single biggest weakness of the Mavic. Wish someone would come up with an upgrade for this for the existing Mavic series, I would be all over that.

On B&H website it says March 2018.
Yep. It most likely won't be available by all dealers on the same day. The first arrival dates for new stock is sometimes a moving target too.

For those who think is not related with the Mavic, why in the hell is it called "Mavic Air"?...

Obviously is a Mavic. My guess is it will be faster so it can be competitive with Drone racing. But with some other improvements as well.

Apple’s MacBook Pro and MacBook Air are two different products. Given DJI’s close relationships with Apple they could be inspired by their names.

I agree, it will belong to Mavic family but it may not be a successor to Mavic Pro, as Platinum was the better or improved model.

For those who think is not related with the Mavic, why in the **** is it called "Mavic Air"?...
I missed where DJI stated that it's a "Mavic Air"

I just took the plunge at purchasing my first drone, Mavic pro Alpine color. Many would say, get the spark its the best for beginners.
But i just had to have that 4K camera. Do i really need it? Heck no! i dont do film or anything fancy. I just like knowing its not 1080P video. XD Hearing the rumors of a new Mavic Air, I have no regrets in my purchase of my mavic. Probably does more than i need it too.

In terms of rumors. It seems like the Air emphasizes thinner and lighter. It almost follows Apples trajectory of with the iPad mini. It had a non retina display, and a poor camera. I wonder if the same can be said for this one. Making trade offs in camera ability, as well as other features. To get to that lower price point.

When l looked at it, at first I thought Small Goggles like the EPSON Moverio.....but then the vents and I said nope. But that is what they need to concentrate on is small HD Goggles, their Goggles are way too big. But I think its a faster style racing quadcopter with 1080p camera. I have racing quadcopters and the FPV video quality sucks. 1080p video with a fast quadcopter under $500 might sell. But guys that race quadcopters are use to small Fatshark style goggles. To have to go back a place that bucket DJI Goggle on your head no Bueno!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22