DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this Normal? if not Help.

D-Rosin

Reactions
Can we connect osmo to phone with no internet connection?
cause i can't, i was in my car the other day trying to connect osmo to my phone, it would not le me.....
and this is the problem i am having, only lets me connect when i am Home cause of internet & cellphone is connected to the wifi internet, so when i am home i have no problem connecting osmo to my phone, But when i am away from home, i can not connect osmo to my phone, this is frustrating ...

The only way to connect my camera to the phone is with WiFi? It will not let me connect if I am not hook up to Wi-Fi? Why?Screenshot_20200119-065017.jpeg

I don't have an Osmo action but you should be able to connect directly to the Osmo using wifi, the camera itself becomes a wireless access point instead.

What mobile phone are you using and when you go into your wifi settings, does it see the Osmo?

I don't have an Osmo action but you should be able to connect directly to the Osmo using wifi, the camera itself becomes a wireless access point instead.

What mobile phone are you using and when you go into your wifi settings, does it see the Osmo?
samsung S7 and Yes it shows in my wifi settings, But this happens when I turn off wi-fi from my phone, i want to see if i am able to connect with out the use of internet, the wifi roter is connected to my phone, so only lets me connect when i am home, when i am away will not let me connect.

samsung S7 and Yes it shows in my wifi settings, But this happens when I turn off wi-fi from my phone, i want to see if i am able to connect with out the use of internet, the wifi roter is connected to my phone, so only lets me connect when i am home, when i am away will not let me connect.

I'm not understanding, if you switch wifi off on your phone then it won't be able to connect to the Osmo. If you want to test when you are at home then you simply need to disconnect from your home router and then connect to the Osmo wifi access point instead.

I'm not understanding, if you switch wifi off on your phone then it won't be able to connect to the Osmo. If you want to test when you are at home then you simply need to disconnect from your home router and then connect to the Osmo wifi access point instead.
when in advanced settings for wi-fi whats better to be on?
under Proxy? None , Manual, or Auto-congif?or does this even makes a difference?

got it, i killed the router from home and was able to connect still. Ok..

when in advanced settings for wi-fi whats better to be on?
under Proxy? None , Manual, or Auto-congif?or does this even makes a difference?

You shouldn't need any advanced settings, you simply need to connect to the Osmo instead of your router. The phone might complain it's a limited connection and put an exclamation mark against the Osmo wifi connection, just be careful it doesn't switch back automatically to the router.

Reactions: D-Rosin
Hi D-Rosin. Just wanted to let you know (you may already know, if so, sorry!) that there is a separate forum called 'OsmoPilot' that has more threads and folks interested in the Osmo Action and Osmo Pocket that you may find useful. It can be located here, but you do need to sign up separately from the MavicPilots forum.

Here is the URL for OsmoPilot:

Hi D-Rosin. Just wanted to let you know (you may already know, if so, sorry!) that there is a separate forum called 'OsmoPilot' that has more threads and folks interested in the Osmo Action and Osmo Pocket that you may find useful. It can be located here, but you do need to sign up separately from the MavicPilots forum.

Here is the URL for OsmoPilot:
Yes i know all about it, pretty lame tho, cause you have to start a whole new account, thats why i am not on there, Untill they link all accounts together, then ill start talking over there to the mean time, this board has more action then that one.

I agree that it would be better with one account for all of there forums. What I did was just use the same username and password for both. Also I find that once I login to a forum the guests time on a device I never have to log in again. I think they use cookies to auto log in so it really is not too inconvenient IMO.

Reactions: swdrafter
I agree that it would be better with one account for all of there forums. What I did was just use the same username and password for both. Also I find that once I login to a forum the guests time on a device I never have to log in again. I think they use cookies to auto log in so it really is not too inconvenient IMO.
I am also trying to limit my self from fourms..
But i do not want to do what you just said, make account, use the same name & ETC...
they can make it where it would be good to be on the same server and etc and have same login, from here to there link in...
we are in 2020 now LOL
like what DJI does, same login for everything There app, there forum, and even skypixels

your telling me old news bro ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000