DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ISSUER, CHARGE WITH POWERBANK WHILE USING

JORGE SM

Reactions
Good afternoon.

I have a mavic 2 zoom and before the mavic pro.

I use a mobile for the DJI GO 4.

With my 3 batteries I never had a problem with the battery consumption of the station. When using ANDROID, we know that the battery of the station charges the mobile, someday DJI will solve it. Normally when I go out to pilot, when I finish the 3 batteries of the mavic on the mobile phone it does not fall below 70% + - and the station stays above 50%.

A couple of weeks ago I received an XIAOMI MY PAD 4 LTE to be able to use it as a screen for the DJI GO 4 and thus be able to see better, that we are older :)

I have only been able to connect it to the station at home and I have noticed that in about 20 minutes of use watching the screen and configuring DJI GO 4, the battery of the station has been lowered by 30%.

When it stops raining I will go to test how it consumes the battery of the station with the tablet, but I believe that I will not be able to use the station the 3 batteries of the mavic, the battery of the station will be finished before.

The question is, if so, that they choose to have the station, not always, if not when it drops, for example, 50%, connect a powerbank?

It could cause some breakdown or overheating, due to being on the one hand charging with the powerbank, on the other hand the connection to the tablet and using everything at once.

P.S. Will there be any special reason for IOs to allow the DJIG 4 to configure to load or not and not ANDROID ??

By "station" I assume you are referring to the remote controller (RC). It is not uncommon to use the RC center USB connection to your phone/tablet and have a power supply plugged into the side port of the RC. I had to do it once when I forgot to fully charge my RC before heading out (used a partially discharged MP battery).

Reactions: ff22
It works, using controller and charging it at the same time, but people have pointed out that dji discourages this sort of use. But it find it odd, it you shouldn't charge it while using they wouldn't allow charging it with the controller on.

As you said, if you don't charge it, it will severely limit the drone use even with lots of batteries.

I believe that there is a setting in the DJI Go 4 app to disable iOS device charging from the RC (station). This only works with iOS devices (iPhone and iPads), but not Android devices Try it out ... it should solve your problem of RC discharging without having to use a separate power bank.

Good afternoon.

I have a mavic 2 zoom and before the mavic pro.

I use a mobile for the DJI GO 4.

With my 3 batteries I never had a problem with the battery consumption of the station. When using ANDROID, we know that the battery of the station charges the mobile, someday DJI will solve it. Normally when I go out to pilot, when I finish the 3 batteries of the mavic on the mobile phone it does not fall below 70% + - and the station stays above 50%.

A couple of weeks ago I received an XIAOMI MY PAD 4 LTE to be able to use it as a screen for the DJI GO 4 and thus be able to see better, that we are older :)

I have only been able to connect it to the station at home and I have noticed that in about 20 minutes of use watching the screen and configuring DJI GO 4, the battery of the station has been lowered by 30%.

When it stops raining I will go to test how it consumes the battery of the station with the tablet, but I believe that I will not be able to use the station the 3 batteries of the mavic, the battery of the station will be finished before.

The question is, if so, that they choose to have the station, not always, if not when it drops, for example, 50%, connect a powerbank?

It could cause some breakdown or overheating, due to being on the one hand charging with the powerbank, on the other hand the connection to the tablet and using everything at once.

P.S. Will there be any special reason for IOs to allow the DJIG 4 to configure to load or not and not ANDROID ??
If you check you USB Charge setting in your Mobile device With "Adroid platform" you should be able to set what the USB is allowed to do. Ie. Transfer Power, Video, Files. Ect.
Hope this helps
Erin

I use an Android device when flying. If you go into settings (the wheel that looks like this 1580660099047.png) look for connected devices, (or similar), then look for USB, under that you will find Charging this device, transfer files, and other settings. Select Transfer files. this should solve the problem.
Mauricio

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
It works, using controller and charging it at the same time, but people have pointed out that dji discourages this sort of use. But it find it odd, it you shouldn't charge it while using they wouldn't allow charging it with the controller on.

As you said, if you don't charge it, it will severely limit the drone use even with lots of batteries.
The reason for this is that if you use some sort of adapter to go between the standard short micro-USB-A connector plugged into the side port of the controller, and the 'USB power-bank', then the controller will not recognise a data connection to Go4 using the USB port in the base of the controller.
However, if you [carefully] use a micro-USB-B type cable (or a reversible micro-USB), then the controller won't see the side port connection as a data source and will allow the charge simultaneously with the use of the bottom USB2.0 socket as a data connection.

The reason for this is that if you use some sort of adapter to go between the standard short micro-USB-A connector plugged into the side port of the controller, and the 'USB power-bank', then the controller will not recognise a data connection to Go4 using the USB port in the base of the controller.
However, if you [carefully] use a micro-USB-B type cable (or a reversible micro-USB), then the controller won't see the side port connection as a data source and will allow the charge simultaneously with the use of the bottom USB2.0 socket as a data connection.
Not really. That works ok.

The direction came from the dji site:
"It is not recommended to charge the remote controller with a mobile power bank. This may damage the coulometer. Battery level readings for the remote controller may become incorrect, and the battery consumption speed may become greater than the charging speed."

Pointed out in the post referencing an older thread: Wow!! I'm going through remote battery charge in no time flat !!

Read both threads for arguments. As I said before, I won't follow that and I'll see what might happen.

Not really. That works ok.

The direction came from the dji site:
"It is not recommended to charge the remote controller with a mobile power bank. This may damage the coulometer. Battery level readings for the remote controller may become incorrect, and the battery consumption speed may become greater than the charging speed."

Pointed out in the post referencing an older thread: Wow!! I'm going through remote battery charge in no time flat !!

Read both threads for arguments. As I said before, I won't follow that and I'll see what might happen.
OK - that makes sense. Thanks for the correction ... However, it is also true that with the micro-USB-A plug in the side port, you'll kill off the ability to use the USB2.0 in the base.

OK - that makes sense. Thanks for the correction ... However, it is also true that with the micro-USB-A plug in the side port, you'll kill off the ability to use the USB2.0 in the base.
As I said, not really. I use the two ports all the time, the bottom one for the mobile (android) and the top one for the powerbank simultaneously.

It works all the time.

Just remember that sometimes the bottom usb port will not connect to the device if there's a cable inserted into the side port UNLESS charging with it

I use an Android device when flying. If you go into settings (the wheel that looks like this View attachment 92912) look for connected devices, (or similar), then look for USB, under that you will find Charging this device, transfer files, and other settings. Select Transfer files. this should solve the problem.
Mauricio

That's a different approach, and may well work for android users.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929