DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Issues with tablet

Howcroft22

Reactions
I should have said issues with android. I fly my mavic with my iPhone 7 and it’s seamless. When I try to use my galaxy tab s it freezes and the camera screen gets a green pixelation. This is obviously an expensive tablet. Wondering if it’s just this one or if all android tabs do this. I tried it with an old note 4 and it’s still slow choppy. I’d like to try and find a dedicated cheap tablet just for the drone that doesn’t freeze up. Any ideas? The iPhone screen is really small and I can’t afford an iPad right now.

Reactions: charliesRig
Which version of the Tab S and which version of Android are you running? @msinger's instructions are spot-on but in some cases the underlying Samsung implementation of Android is the culprit. I bought a Tab S2 when I got my MP and ran into all sorts of problems. I subsequently rooted the device, installed LineageOS version of Android 7.1 and the stripped down versions of Google Apps from the OpenGapps project (The Open GApps Project). The Tab has work flawlessly ever since.

Which version of the Tab S and which version of Android are you running? @msinger's instructions are spot-on but in some cases the underlying Samsung implementation of Android is the culprit. I bought a Tab S2 when I got my MP and ran into all sorts of problems. I subsequently rooted the device, installed LineageOS version of Android 7.1 and the stripped down versions of Google Apps from the OpenGapps project (The Open GApps Project). The Tab has work flawlessly ever since.

Not sure. I did follow the instructions. It seems to help. But still has a lag on the camera. It says in “about device”. Android version 6.0.1. Its the original galaxy tab S. I bought it last December.

Not sure. I did follow the instructions. It seems to help. But still has a lag on the camera. It says in “about device”. Android version 6.0.1. Its the original galaxy tab S. I bought it last December.

What model is your Tab S ? Cause from i read in other forums the one that works good is the SM-T710 Been looking for one but price is hefty on a outdated Tab. So far i had good results on my K1

What model is your Tab S ? Cause from i read in other forums the one that works good is the SM-T710 Been looking for one but price is hefty on a outdated Tab. So far i had good results on my K1

Mine is the SM T800. Mine is only-year-old my wife has the original iPad. It still works 10 times better than this galaxy tab. This tab S does everything slow compared to the apple products. I was always an android person until I actually owned an iPhone. I bought my first one last year and I will never go back. Never.

Seems like the note 4 has too much camera lag to Saftey fly. I’d be scared to hit something.

If you're using it as a dedicated device and comfortable with the procedure go ahead and root it and lay down a new Android install. I'm using LineageOS (which is the offspring of Cyanogenmod) and which has some good reviews on the forum. There are others so do a search and see how they perform. There are so many people on this forum with experience in every aspect of the drone, controller, and device that can get you up and running.

If you're using it as a dedicated device and comfortable with the procedure go ahead and root it and lay down a new Android install. I'm using LineageOS (which is the offspring of Cyanogenmod) and which has some good reviews on the forum. There are others so do a search and see how they perform. There are so many people on this forum with experience in every aspect of the drone, controller, and device that can get you up and running.

If I can buy a cheap tablet It will be a dedicated drone screen. But I’d rather not do it to this one.

I guess My real question is. Does anyone know of a cheap tab that works good for drone flying?

I guess My real question is. Does anyone know of a cheap tab that works good for drone flying?

7" Huawei T3 works great. Only £54 on Amazon.
At the moment, you have to use Go4 version 4.1.9 as newer versions result in pixelation and breakup of the video feed but still a bargain.

7" Huawei T3 works great. Only £54 on Amazon.
At the moment, you have to use Go4 version 4.1.9 as newer versions result in pixelation and breakup of the video feed but still a bargain.

Maybe that’s what’s going on with my tab S?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7