DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It help enjoying my job even better. I am a project manager in Detroit, MI and having my drone makes my work much easier and professional

Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: Steel63 and MA2 317
First time I've ever read that expression on the internet, I would've remembered... and I've been many forums for over 20 years! :)

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Fascinating!! To complete that work in New Zealand under current Health & Safety Regs. the roof edge perimeter would require a scaffold / guardrail installed. Adds significant $$$ to any project like this. Are these 'lax' safety measures ;-) common in North America? Or are Kiwis just over the top??
BTW. Nice photos!!
Kiwis are over the top ;).
Regs will vary by project and location. Depending on the roof slope & material the roofers will “rope off” & wear a fall harness which when properly worn/tied off will prevent them from smacking the ground. I’m not aware of any US location that would require scaffolding & railing around for a residential roofing project. I have seen railing for high rise commercial projects.

Off topic, MSHA (our mining occupation safety org) requires fall harnesses. I did a delivery to a mine and was about to step up into the bed of my pickup truck so I could unfasten the tie downs securing the load. (Standard pickup bed with sides, not a flat bed, not a big lifted truck, just a normal 3/4 ton pickup.) The mine wouldn’t allow me to step up into the bed because I didn’t have a fall harness. Not sure where I would rope off to on a pick up bed in the first place. Anyway I fortunately had a 6’6” individual with me on that delivery - he could reach the tie downs from outside the bed, otherwise I’d have thrown my hands up and told the mine guys they could figure out how to untie it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom