DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Italy and Greece drone regulation

I'm planning to fly Mavic Air in isle of Samos. I had a look at the map, could someone explain why there is purple are there. Is it because of Turkey, border area maybe?
samos.JPG

I'm planning to fly Mavic Air in isle of Samos. I had a look at the map, could someone explain why there is purple are there. Is it because of Turkey, border area maybe?
View attachment 33644

it is explained in the layers page. CTR Control Zone.
1.JPG
You can check and select layers via this page to render your custom map.
2.JPG

According to Wikipedia:
A control zone (CTR or controlled traffic region) in aviation is a volume of controlled airspace, normally around an airport, which extends from the surface to a specified upper limit, established to protect air traffic operating to and from that airport. Because CTRs are, by definition, controlled airspace, aircraft can only fly in it after receiving a specific clearance from air traffic control. This means that air traffic control at the airport know exactly which aircraft are in that airspace, and can take steps to ensure aircraft are aware of each other, either using separation or by passing traffic information.

No fly zone is the orange space you see on the map. Hope i helped a bit!

it is explained in the layers page. CTR Control Zone.....No fly zone is the orange space you see on the map. Hope i helped a bit!
Thanks, it helped a lot. For some reason I didn't notice that there was layers page.
Looks like there's plenty of space where I can fly at this island.:)

User Interface design is not strong with this one (Yoda), so it is not your fault... Hope you have a great time!
I'm hoping so. Actually our vacations in on May, but as I just bought this drone I was curious to find out the regulations.
(We do have quite loose regulations in Finland, but that's another topic)

I'm hoping so. Actually our vacations in on May, but as I just bought this drone I was curious to find out the regulations.
(We do have quite loose regulations in Finland, but that's another topic)
if something changes, I will keep you posted. You have nothing to worry about. I fly my mav all the time but do pay attention to some of the rules. I always try to avoid crowdy areas and stay far away from airports and helipads. I am always smiling to people who approach to ask a few questions. Last but not least, if I have to fly above houses, I go above 80 meters and I never hover above them. Always approaching filming target (area) by stealth :)

Reactions: AlpinaD10
Greetings from Sofia, Bulgaria.
I will go to Santorini next week during the holidays 6-9 april 2018 and of course I'll take my drone and probably my girlfriend :)
I red everything written in this post since the begining so I've made my decision.
I won't fill any papers and will do my best to be extremely careful when flying.
So wish me luck and I'll keep you updated when I'm back from Santirni or from prison :)

P.S. thanks @Hexagon for all the information you provided!

Reactions: Hexagon
Lol, the only way you can end up having problems with authorities is by flying next to an airport or near helicopters. I have heard that there are lots of helis in the island for transportation and sightseeing purposes. Avoid crowded places and keep the 50m rule when people are around. If you are careful you will have no problems. I havent visited santorini for a while so I dont really know how things are going with drones right now. You can always ask locals or at your hotel about drones in the island. They will be glad to help you!

Hello plz can i get some info, i just got my mavic air i want to take some airal shots for my friends wedding in athens .
Is there any regulations or something or it’s ok to fly .tnx

Hello plz can i get some info, i just got my mavic air i want to take some airal shots for my friends wedding in athens .
Is there any regulations or something or it’s ok to fly .tnx

There are several rules and regulations and for the wedding i would first check the area. If it is really crowded i would be careful. Otherwise if you fly responsibly you are not going to have any problems.

Enjoy your time in Greece.

Reactions: razmik and Hexagon
Dear all,
Thank you for all the info that in this thread it is all very useful. I'm going to Zakynthos next week and would really love to fly my drone.
From looking at the map on https://dagr.hcaa.gr/ most of the island is covered with a yellow circle. From looking at the key it falls under Active/future limitations. Does this mean I cant fly there?

I'm not sure when or where I will be flying. Is it best to fill out the form a day before or on the day? I wished that you could request permission to fly off the app instead of filling out a form each time.

Thanks.

Dear all,
Thank you for all the info that in this thread it is all very useful. I'm going to Zakynthos next week and would really love to fly my drone.
From looking at the map on https://dagr.hcaa.gr/ most of the island is covered with a yellow circle. From looking at the key it falls under Active/future limitations. Does this mean I cant fly there?

I'm not sure when or where I will be flying. Is it best to fill out the form a day before or on the day? I wished that you could request permission to fly off the app instead of filling out a form each time.

Thanks.

Greetings from Athens,

according to the HCAA map, almost half of the island is under airport perimeter, so if you go by the book, you are not allowed to fly within the perimeter
zante.JPG
Even if you ask for permission you wont get one within the perimeter. Regarding the permission form, as long as I remember, it must be sent a few days before flying (I think 10). Please advise previous pages of this section to get all the info regarding permissions and email submission. I am a bit stressed @ work these days otherwise I would do that for you.

Off the record, you can always ask locals regarding drone flights when you arrive at a specific area. They can advise you, but be extra careful since the law might be strictly applied @ the island.

enjoy and fly safe

Reactions: MikeZ
Thank you for the reply. I'll be on a cruise to Mykonos and Santorini in June. If you see another Mavic user, feel free to say Hi cause it could be me! Haha
Hey what cruise ship are you on and when is your cruise? We will be on the Celebrity Reflection in July, stopping in Mykonos and Santorini too. I hope you can give me some tips. Thanks!

Hey what cruise ship are you on and when is your cruise? We will be on the Celebrity Reflection in July, stopping in Mykonos and Santorini too. I hope you can give me some tips. Thanks!

I was not aware of any cruise ships allowing boarding with a drone. Can you please validate my statement? were you able to even bring drone on a cruise ship? Realizing that you'd be foolish to fly from the ship.

Hi @Hexagon

I am a photographer living and working in Greece and have followed your information closely, signing up for registration at ΣμηΕΑ since I do have Taxisnet, but I currently chose to reply that I am not an eleftheros epaggelmatias who has activities related to ΣμηΕΑ, which I assume makes my it an amateur request. I have now filled in the Κὐρια Στοιχεἰα ανδ ψλιψκεδ τηε Προσωρινἠ Αποθἠκευση, but am not sure if I have to do something else before clicking on Υποβολἠ. Do I have to add any δικαιολογητικά at the 'Έγγραφα-Μηνύματα' section, if so, what? Proof of drone liability insurance? Which insurance/company do you suggest getting in Greece?

I have only recently bought a Mavic Air (after having had a troublesome Yuneec Typhoon H for two years) and would like to fly in South Kythira (Kapsali) during our family trip there. On the map it looks like a restricted area, that's why I registered to get permission.

Cheers!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405