DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It's a submarine

Jalatta

Reactions
Who would have thot, Buzz, my Mavic Air survived an 8 minute submersion in the American River in WA at Lodgepole campground.
Pretty amazing. I'm not sure how I lost control but it was about 15 ' away over the river getting ready to take a picture when it decided to do a little brush cutting and then dropped into the water. It was about 20-30' away on the other side in about 2' of water with the lights still on. I was able to wade across and retrieve it thanks to seeing the lights.
After a day of drying out it did turn on but I had a battery error on all 3 batteries. I re-charged everything and tried it the next day and low and behold Buzz lives. It operates like there was never an issue.
I guess they are a little more water resistance than I previously believed.

That is very fortunate I did the same thing with my M2 pro and it was totaled

I dont think im going to try that, but, sounds like it came out well.

Probably got to be over a certain age and to have kissed the blarney stone at least twice before being blessed with such luck! ??
Water - yes plain ole H2O - is corrosive to pretty much all things electronic. This can be slow and insidious so unless you were able to strip your bird naked to dry/clean absolutely every component - very quickly, my suggestion would be to keep an eye on any sort of errant behaviour when flying your M2P in the future. Remember the heat generated by electrical current passing through the nanocircuitry when flying the M2P will only help to exacerbate the oxidising effect caused by the aircraft being immersed in the water - for what you have reported to be quite a long time.

Last edited:
Probably got to be over a certain age and to have kissed the blarney stone at least twice before being blessed with such luck! ??
Water - yes plain ole H2O - is corrosive to pretty much all things electronic. This can be slow and insidious so unless you were able to strip your bird naked to dry/clean absolutely every component, my suggestion would be to keep an eye on any sort of aberrant behaviour when flying your M2P in the future. Remember the heat generated by electrical current passing through the nanocircuitry when flying the M2P will only help to exacerbate the oxidising effect caused by the aircraft being immersed in the water - for what you have reported to be quite a long time.
Like I was saying that happened to me and I had to get a new drone I looked into it with DJI and the protocol is get a new drone or have it totally taken apart and looked at dried out etc. granted my drone did not work but your drone could drop out of the sky

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov