DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It's finally here...

Cerberus

Reactions
Now for some serious and careful videography..

IMG_20170329_134318.jpg

p.s :- Can you guys tell me (from the second pic I uploaded) what this tip on the pen is for? I touched it and it left a blackish residue on my palm, Is it suppose to do that?

IMG_20170329_134625.jpg

It's to clean the camera lens.
How are the filter doing ?

Hehe, yes, I am aware it is used to clean the lens... but is it suppose to leave some kind of blackish residue (can't tell its oily or powder) behind when you brush it on the lens (i tried it on my palm first..)

Oh, and to your question of how's the filter lens... I'm at work at the moment..

only took a moment to take the bag out and admire the quality for now..
will try it soon and post up what I think about it later on..

It's carbon. Used to clean grease or smudge on the lens. Don't touch it to your skin or you'll deplete the carbon.

It's carbon. Used to clean grease or smudge on the lens. Don't touch it to your skin or you'll deplete the carbon.

Ahh, I see... Thankz for the info..

To the filter lens, being stupid, I tried it last night (yes, at night.. HAHA) and to be expected, the camera at auto boost the ISO to 3200.. haha.. lots of noise and too DARKKKK.... will try and find a time to take a day run video..

To the lens, I like it.. It's build quality is good and installation is not hard at all... Having it on ( as long as you plug it all the way in ) doesn't interfere with the gimbal during start up.. thats good in my books considering I read some forums with users stating the filters they bought kinda blocked the gimbal during start up..

Reactions: newhouse
Cool... can you guys see any difference between my Non-Filtered and Filtered Videos?

For me, base on the un edited videos I looks over, I think the color is really brought out in the filtered ones..
But would like the opinions from the rest of you guys..

Thankz.

Now for some serious and careful videography..

View attachment 9483

p.s :- Can you guys tell me (from the second pic I uploaded) what this tip on the pen is for? I touched it and it left a blackish residue on my palm, Is it suppose to do that?

View attachment 9484

hi Cerberus,

looks like nice filters. i would like to buy filter pack like this. after you tried your filters, please share your experiences. thank you!

regards, mlaczek

Reactions: Cerberus
Cool... can you guys see any difference between my Non-Filtered and Filtered Videos?

For me, base on the un edited videos I looks over, I think the color is really brought out in the filtered ones..
But would like the opinions from the rest of you guys..

Thankz.

what ND you use for this video? ND8 or some other?

what ND you use for this video? ND8 or some other?

Personally, from looking at the raw footage, I feel a distinct better color quality with the filter on in comparison to without. So As most videography droning pros here told me, a filter is a must.. I think they weren't kidding.

I was using ND4 in this vid, Started using it when it was rather cloudy but as you can see in this testrun, there were some brighter videos sections and some darker sections... Thats because during filming, it got sunny a bit than cloudy again (on and off, thats the crazy weather I am going through here now), and I was too lazy to bring the drone back to change to ND 8.. and so forth..

Overall opinion... I like the filters, its well made, and putting it on and taking it off is not really tough and the color improvements over non filter videos is pretty visible to my old eyes..

So, yea, if you are asking me , I think this filter purchase is a good buy.
:)

Personally, from looking at the raw footage, I feel a distinct better color quality with the filter on in comparison to without. So As most videography droning pros here told me, a filter is a must.. I think they weren't kidding.

I was using ND4 in this vid, Started using it when it was rather cloudy but as you can see in this testrun, there were some brighter videos sections and some darker sections... Thats because during filming, it got sunny a bit than cloudy again (on and off, thats the crazy weather I am going through here now), and I was too lazy to bring the drone back to change to ND 8.. and so forth..

Overall opinion... I like the filters, its well made, and putting it on and taking it off is not really tough and the color improvements over non filter videos is pretty visible to my old eyes..

So, yea, if you are asking me , I think this filter purchase is a good buy.

thank you for your answer! i think i wait a bit for purchase, but i'm shure, i will buy a set of filters. now i thinking about what i have to choose. polar pro, or freewell / polarized, or not polarized.

have a nice day ;)

Reactions: Cerberus
thank you for your answer! i think i wait a bit for purchase, but i'm shure, i will buy a set of filters. now i thinking about what i have to choose. polar pro, or freewell / polarized, or not polarized.

have a nice day ;)

Polar Pro I have seen good reviews on it and from the footages at youtube showing its video, I think its pretty good too.
So I don't think you will be disappointed in buying them..

Good luck.. And fly safe

p.s :- I bought freewell because it gave the free cleaning pen kit.. Considering my clumsy self and tendency to smudge anything with glass or lens and stuff, I think its a necessity for me.. haha

i was one of those saying that ND filter is NOT needed... well i was honestly wrong !
One thing i didn't " realize " was that we are not taking pictures on the ground so obliviously up in the sky there is much more light to deal with !
i bought ND filter by DJI , they are cheap...(polar pro cost 3 times more.. are you kidding me???)
they are easy to install, they don't mess up with gimbal and in my opinion they do a good job
Video:

picture:
marino1.jpg

i was one of those saying that ND filter is NOT needed... well i was honestly wrong !
One thing i didn't " realize " was that we are not taking pictures on the ground so obliviously up in the sky there is much more light to deal with !
i bought ND filter by DJI , they are cheap...(polar pro cost 3 times more.. are you kidding me???)
they are easy to install, they don't mess up with gimbal and in my opinion they do a good job
Video:

picture:
marino1.jpg

Nice scenery and video, Bro..

btw, how did you do the blur effect right at the beginning of the vid? If you don't wanna say, I'm cool.. hehe

Reactions: bucefalo
Nice scenery and video, Bro..

btw, how did you do the blur effect right at the beginning of the vid? If you don't wanna say, I'm cool.. hehe
thank you :) well that I made it with Adobe premiere pro but can be achieved with any video editing software! I also like that sort of effect :)

thank you :) well that I made it with Adobe premiere pro but can be achieved with any video editing software! I also like that sort of effect :)

Ahh, through video editing.. sorry, I'm always stuck in this mind set that everything I see in Vids, its through settings or features through the Mavic Pro itself.. my bad.. ;p

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji111]️

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blokinblain