DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It's going viral! ...finally hit 1M views

Could you give your expo settings? I seem to be all over the place because the settings I have don't seem to match what I expected.

I'm a total noob with a camera.

I used auto settings with white balance set to "cloudy"

The original footage was much more dull colored. It was a super gray cloudy day with no sun. I adjusted the settings like saturation contrast etc using GoPro studio as my editing tool. I just kept moving the sliders for each setting until the cars really seemed vivid.

No science or great understanding of how these things are supposed to work.

now over 300K views....

When you do the follow up, if you want max exposure, place links in the following places...
1. This thread
2. The comments section of original
3. The description of the original
4. Comments section on online magazine page
5. On the card at the end of the video

You may also wish to contact the magazine by email/twitter/Facebook to advise a new video posted, they may add to original or do a new article.

Best of luck!

Reactions: Lapeer20m
I'm not wanting to hijack this thread, but how much money could be made on this video? I know nothing about monetizing videos on YouTube and I'm curious if 679k views translates to dollars in any way?

It's on the weather channel...

This video has made it into at least 10 different magazine/news sites that i've seen so far.

The weather channel is the first i've seen that ripped me off. All the others simply link to my video on youtube. Weather channel stole parts of my video and made it their own....while crediting someone else. It's not a huge deal, but i sent them an email.

I'm not wanting to hijack this thread, but how much money could be made on this video? I know nothing about monetizing videos on YouTube and I'm curious if 679k views translates to dollars in any way?

This is actually my first adventure with youtube and monitized videos. From my research, is sounds like you get paid based on how long people watch the ads and how many people actually click on the link to an ad, but works out to about $1,000 per million views.

My video started getting monitized after about 80K views....so it's had about 600K since then. According to my youtube anylitics, so far i have earned: $164.98. About a third or a quarter of what i thought it would work out to.

at this rate, 3 million views would equal the cost of a mavic.

Last edited:
Reactions: HeavensAbove
storyful wanted to work out a deal for the rights to my video.....it didn't seem like that great of a deal from my research.

Lots of companies want to give you a flat fee £250 or such. Like jukinvideo. Then that's it!

The revenue isn't as high as it used to be, so your calculations are pretty good. Once you get to 1000 subs you'll get "offers" of companies wanting to be "technology partners" I gave them a wide berth. Rather than just sharing revenue with Google you've then got a third mouth to feed. If they could guarantee you much more views, then it may be worthwhile, but it can't.

Remember your monetisation is usually a couple of days behind.

Analytics is pretty good at breaking things down so you can see where the market is. I'll be interested to find out what happens with your flagging to the Weather Channel. They're IBM owned so should take you seriously, especially if you start talking comp and litigation. Naughty, naughty. The big boys didn't like it with file sharing torrents, this is the opposite, the little guy losing revenue to big business.

Sounds to me he was being salty...

Anyway, more OT, it's nice to see how far your vid has come! Hoping it hits the million soon!

It had a few days where it was getting 100k hits/day

It has slowed to just a trickle. I am not a prolific YouTuber, but I think 1m views would be pretty cool.

edit.....

it's going viral.

had 600 views 3 days ago

30K views this morning

110K views by 9pm today.

i don't know what this means...but its pretty exciting.

Congratulations on your smooth flying and video and getting such a great response.
What title did you use on YouTube?
Keep practicing!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S