DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It's going viral! ...finally hit 1M views

Wow, that's incredible.
Keep up the good work
You will get better and better!

Totally agree, ok i have a few years experience but this is manual flying and i never even had it dialed in with correct expo lol

Mavic gives very choppy video. P3 was much more fluid. What frame rate did you have. Nice flying too..

Mavic gives very choppy video. P3 was much more fluid. What frame rate did you have. Nice flying too..

It's been a couple months since I filmed this, but I'm pretty sure it was filmed at 30fps, in the highest resolution 4K you can choose in go4.

(I shoot most of my video at 2.7k now.)

It means you should have monetised it! You can still do this.

I've been wondering about this subject... currently I have no plans to monetize any of my own videos, but I might be tempted to if one ever went viral or something. But would I then run into trouble with the FAA for not having a "professional" drone license?

I've been wondering about this subject... currently I have no plans to monetize any of my own videos, but I might be tempted to if one ever went viral or something. But would I then run into trouble with the FAA for not having a "professional" drone license?
Technically you could still run into trouble because they can't tell nor do they care if you're making money on YouTube or not. Hontestly though the FAA are so under the water chasing people they may only care about the big fish.... Just don't blatantly break they laws and respect airspace and people. Just my .02 cents

It is my understanding that while FAA went after at least one YouTuber in the past, they changed their stance in this issue and currently do not prohibit hobbyists from monetizing YouTube videos.

Reactions: JoeCec
It slowed considerably....but is still climbing. Currently at 933,650 views.

It'll be pretty sweet when it hits 1 Million.

Personally, i think i have other much more amusing videos....but something about this one caused it's popularity to soar.

It slowed considerably....but is still climbing. Currently at 933,650 views.

It'll be pretty sweet when it hits 1 Million.

Personally, i think i have other much more amusing videos....but something about this one caused it's popularity to soar.

What kind of revenue have you made on these numbers in the US. (My channel - not my drone footage - with over 2million views has made £1700 in U.K. but the revenues per 1000 views have dipped somewhat in the last year).

I remember when our high school played in the state championships at the Silverdome! We lost... back to back years haha!

Also, how the heck do you only have 269 Subs but get 950k views on this video when most other videos average around 100? Amazing how that 1 video trended...

Also, how the heck do you only have 269 Subs but get 950k views on this video when most other videos average around 100? Amazing how that 1 video trended...

This video got picked up by several news organizations. At the time, the vw scandal/buyback was in the news a lot. It got 100k views per day for multiple days in a row.

This is my first time monitizing a video.

My understanding was that 1m views = about $1,000. You don't get paid based on views, rather it's based on people's interaction with the ads. But others on forums seem to think that the above formula is more or less correct.

In my case, 1m views = about $300

I was sort of hoping to get enough money to pay for mavic just so I could justify the purchase to my wife (especially if I don't include all the accessories)

It looks like I would need 3m views to get $1k

Reactions: HeavensAbove
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest