DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It's here! ALL NEW Mavic Pro - FERRARI EDITION 2018

At last...
I too a late starter. Just this last week i fact at 47.. but ive been dying to find footage of pimped Mavics. Ahmen sir youve done a fantastic job. My question is. Is it the case that it has to be stripped back to a chassis or just hours of masking vents and sensors. I am desperate to respray mine but the thought of disconnecting those motor and having to resolder them sends shudders. How long did the project take you?

Welcome to the hobby and to the forum. Great to have enthusiastic pilots sharing their stories and content. I would love to follow you on YouTube. As would a ton of others I think. Best of luck to you and your future droning endeavors.

BTW, nice trike!!! She’s beautiful!!

On another note of interest:
I couldn’t help but notice the tablet adapter on your mavic controller. What size tablet are you using, and does it really not fit in the grips by itself? The reason I ask is because I’ve found that most people don’t realize just how large of a tablet can and will fit in the controller if done correctly. It was designed to even fit an iPad mini - and is why there are slots/openings cut into those foldout grips - for the corners of the tablet to go into when unfolded to the max width. Although you are probably wanting and needing to utilize a larger tablet that simply will not fit into the controller itself and therefore are required to add the adapter. And that’s perfectly fine. I just cannot stand when people take such a great design of compatibility and compact size and add a huge unnecessary piece that does nothing but turn it into this less mobile and clumsy unit. Lol. Nothing against you and your setup. What works for YOU is best for YOU. but I just always like to check that users are aware of the tablet mounting option as it is a bit of a hidden secret to lots of users. You wouldn’t believe how many of those adapters are purchased and used when simply are not needed/required for said tablet sizes being used. Period! HAPPY FLIGHTS!!

Reactions: SpikeSky
Hey fpv3d, thanks for your reply and thumbs up. I use a iPhone 7+ to date, however I purchased a iPad Air 9.7” just to use as a larger monitor whilst flying, I’m going to try it out in the morning to see how I go, I plan to make my own harnes to hold it and give me greater freedom to control the sticks. I will post a new thread with my feedback on how I go. Yeah I’ll have to post a couple mor pix of my other passion (trike but not to go to far away from what this forum is all about) maybe I could fix a propeller or two and still be within the droning guidelines. Gees Louise I think I’m rambling on a bit. I’ve been burning the wick at both ends the past few days so I think I’ll bid you good night and go off to charge my own batteries. Cheers Spike
Welcome to the hobby and to the forum. Great to have enthusiastic pilots sharing their stories and content. I would love to follow you on YouTube. As would a ton of others I think. Best of luck to you and your future droning endeavors.

I couldn’t help but notice the tablet adapter on your mavic controller. What size tablet are you using, and does it really not fit in the grips by itself? The reason I ask is because I’ve found that most people don’t realize just how large of a tablet can and will fit in the controller if done correctly. It was designed to even fit an iPad mini - and is why there are slots/openings cut into those foldout grips - for the corners of the tablet to go into when unfolded to the max width. Although you are probably wanting and needing to utilize a larger tablet that simply will not fit into the controller itself and therefore are required to add the adapter. And that’s perfectly fine. I just cannot stand when people take such a great design of compatibility and compact size and add a huge unnecessary piece that does nothing but turn it into this less mobile and clumsy unit. Lol. Nothing against you and your setup. What works for YOU is best for YOU. but I just always like to check that users are aware of the tablet mounting option as it is a bit of a hidden secret to lots of users. You wouldn’t believe how many of those adapters are purchased and used when simply are not needed/required for said tablet sizes being used. Period! HAPPY FLIGHTS!!
fpv3d

y foe

G-Day to all my fellow dronies (& dronies to be) from all around the world, Please allow me to introduce myself... I love life, my wife, Harleys and now DRONES. I am a late starter at 56yo, living in the Central Wheatbelt of Western Australia. I have been bitten by the drone bug big time!

About three months ago I purchased a good second-hand Mighty Mavic Pro from a chap on gumtree and honestly love everything about this new found "Joy-Toy" (not so much a toy). The research, planning, setting up, flying, filming, editing and producing quality content, continuously adding to my collection for a possible future YouTube channel (watch this space).

I do look forward to making new (like minded) friends from Mavicpilots and to share and learn together as we all hone our droning skills. I have posted a couple of photos of my MP-FERRARI EDITION 2018. check it out and let me know what you think. please feel free to message me and I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

My Time is spent slowly restoring/renovating a 110yo cottage along with getting out there every opportunity I get to Fly Fly Fly & Fly some more and now supporting this website as much as I can.

If you like what I have done, please give me a thumbs up, I want to earn more stars on my profile. Thank you

I got the wrap from: WRAPGRADE.JP

Until the next time...Cheers Spike
I like your wrap, very classy.

G-Day to all my fellow dronies (& dronies to be) from all around the world, Please allow me to introduce myself... I love life, my wife, Harleys and now DRONES. I am a late starter at 56yo, living in the Central Wheatbelt of Western Australia. I have been bitten by the drone bug big time!

About three months ago I purchased a good second-hand Mighty Mavic Pro from a chap on gumtree and honestly love everything about this new found "Joy-Toy" (not so much a toy). The research, planning, setting up, flying, filming, editing and producing quality content, continuously adding to my collection for a possible future YouTube channel (watch this space).

I do look forward to making new (like minded) friends from Mavicpilots and to share and learn together as we all hone our droning skills. I have posted a couple of photos of my MP-FERRARI EDITION 2018. check it out and let me know what you think. please feel free to message me and I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

My Time is spent slowly restoring/renovating a 110yo cottage along with getting out there every opportunity I get to Fly Fly Fly & Fly some more and now supporting this website as much as I can.

If you like what I have done, please give me a thumbs up, I want to earn more stars on my profile. Thank you

I got the wrap from: WRAPGRADE.JP

Until the next time...Cheers Spike
Looks great. Hell man I am 52, I started in RC back when I was 30 (planes) stopped for 10 years after I had my son, then got into RC Cars with son at 40. Then another 10 years later got into Quad-copters at 50. You are never too old to act like a kid and have some fun. That is what keeps us feeling younger. I wish these gadgets where around when I was in my 20's with better reflexes I would be a World Champion pilot. hahaha.

Very nice Mavic!

Hi Spike, I am also in Perth (south of river) and will be travelling to the north soon, just getting over a op.

Like your wrap, I have been flying the MP since it first came out also my only aircraft.

BTW I took a liberty with your pic and removed the people

D0C5EB10-9623-4AF8-A51F-4E54BD9C456D.jpeg

Nice work Spike. I am only a young fella at 46. Just getting into it myself. Hey Spike have you got a YouTube channel, I would love to see some footage of the wheatbelt. I am in Perth Hills. Good to see some other Perth MP Pilots.

At last...
I too a late starter. Just this last week i fact at 47.. but ive been dying to find footage of pimped Mavics. Ahmen sir youve done a fantastic job. My question is. Is it the case that it has to be stripped back to a chassis or just hours of masking vents and sensors. I am desperate to respray mine but the thought of disconnecting those motor and having to resolder them sends shudders. How long did the project take you?

Hey Shark69, yeah don’t pull your MP apart just to change its colour. I followed the online tutorial:
Their website says “depending on your skill level” it should take about 30 minutes, I took my time and completed this magnificent transformation in about 50 minuets. The photos look good but it’s even better in real life. There are a lot of great wrap/skin/decals out there and I did my homework and found what I liked at : WRAPGRADE.JP
I like the quality and coverage this version gives.
I hope this helps with your decision and good luck with your beautification of your magnificent flying machine. Cheers Spike

Reactions: andydownunder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll