DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Jaco, Costa Rica's surf city

Yesterday morning in Jaco, Costa Rica central pacific area, very popular spot among surfers.

Pura vida!
Nice footage but I wish I could see it in 4K. I could only get 1080p/60.

Reactions: Neko 506
Yes, I am only beginning to record upwards of 1080, I will keep you in mind for the next one. I did however record a couple in 2 K, I'll post the link shorty

Yesterday morning in Jaco, Costa Rica central pacific area, very popular spot among surfers.

Pura vida!
Looking at visiting CR in 2 weeks. I see you are to register the drone with DGCA even for recreational use. They ask for registration number, which having a mini 2 I don't have as it's not required in Canada. Can you confirm if registration is required in CR for recrational use. I am reading conflicting answers to that. Thanks

As per today, DGAC rulebook is a little confusing, bottom line is you DO NOT need registration/license for you UAV UNLESS you are performing non recreational activities with it ( a. i. getting paid in any form monetary or otherwise for your footage/imagery), and you must comply with set regulations ( flying line of sight, maximum altitude, restricted air space, etc). In Costa Rica, DGAC authorities basically copied FAA rules for uav use and regulations, but waived the registration/licencing requirements for recreational use.
I hope you really enjoy your visit, and get to see your videos! Where are you staying?
Remember to check on the current Covid related topics (mask wearing, etc)

Cheers!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt