DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jello (Video Included)

I just opened mine it's doing this exact same thing Damnit man!!!! going to try to force a F.W update see if that helps then off to get it replaced if it doesn't help.

• Wow
Reactions: itsneedtokno
I just opened mine it's doing this exact same thing Damnit man!!!! going to try to force a F.W update see if that helps then off to get it replaced if it doesn't help.
That's SO upsetting!

Go to this link

Where it says describe the problem... You can quote mine if you'd like, or paraphrase, but here's my description I used. (I was within 10 characters of the max)

--------------------------------------------------------
On cold start the video transmission is great, until between 5-15 minutes when I get a "Gimbal Overloaded" error and a wavy display. It persists until I land and turn off the props. If the props are then restarted, the error immediately happens again, even without takeoff. If I turn the drone off then back on, it delays the error, but does not fix it. I have updated everything (IMU, Compass, Gimbal, Firmware, RC Firmware) multiple times. Upon landing the aircraft after the error has begun, and the props have been turned off, there is an audible noise coming from the gimbal. After about 6 seconds, the gimbal shakes horizontally and the image is fixed.

(I added links to my YouTube videos in this area)
-----------------------------------------

Best wishes man.

Do you have Care Refresh already?

It's a warranty claim, not a Care Refresh claim, since it's a manufacturing defect and not user error. So you shouldn't have to pay a fee to get a new bird.

Did you buy from DJI directly or through a 3rd party reseller?
could be that the rear tab on the lower rear gimbal has 'jumped' over the metal tab that protrudes from the gimbal vibration board. If so, gently mover the tab undernath the tab. Also, check that the front tabs have not 'jumped' over the corner tabs in the front of the gimbal. Then do a gimbal recalibration. Good luck in any case!

could be that the rear tab on the lower rear gimbal has 'jumped' over the metal tab that protrudes from the gimbal vibration board. If so, gently mover the tab undernath the tab. Also, check that the front tabs have not 'jumped' over the corner tabs in the front of the gimbal. Then do a gimbal recalibration. Good luck in any case!
Best Buy ****** up, and RETURNED my MA2.

I am now ordering elsewhere.

This looks like a sensor issue vs a gimbal issue. It reminds me of when old tube TVs would have ground problems and you would get that wavy pattern.

"When a lot of audio and video equipment is connected through cables and plugged into two different power outlets, a ground loop can form. This creates a circuit in which electricity has multiple grounds to choose from, causing electricity to move from device to device incorrectly." TechWalla

Something to think about.

This looks like a sensor issue vs a gimbal issue. It reminds me of when old tube TVs would have ground problems and you would get that wavy pattern.

"When a lot of audio and video equipment is connected through cables and plugged into two different power outlets, a ground loop can form. This creates a circuit in which electricity has multiple grounds to choose from, causing electricity to move from device to device incorrectly." TechWalla

Something to think about.
I would have thought that same thing, especially since it's the gimbal, a DJI strong point but, the error shows gimbal overloaded and there is a definite mechanical failure somewhere. It's captured in my videos on YouTube.

I've since returned the drone to BB and reordered thru DJI. It's processing now. Hoping for shipment by Tuesday. My work week is Tues thru Sat, so it might get here on my first day off.

Last edited:
Itsneedtoknow, yesterday, I had the exact same problem with my drone. I got the jello effect. It lasted for about a minute. I posted it on the "DJI Mavic Group: All Versions Owners Group." Most people said that it should be fixed by calibrating the gimbal. I tried that and have flown it for about 10 minutes since then. There hasn't been any jello effect yet. I don't know if it's a permanent or temporary fix. But I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again, like what happened to you. I believe it's only a matter of time, and I shouldn't have to calibrate the gimbal before every flight. I have had the Mavic 2 Pro for over a year and a half, and have never once had this problem. I'm thinking of returning it since I've only had it for a week. I don't want to have to wonder if a potential great shot ends up being ruined because the jello effect starts up again.

• Sad
I experienced it just briefly as well, but hasn't returned since. I calibrated gimlbe, did that fix it, i dont know, but it hasnt done it since!

• Sad
This is very disheartening information. I was hoping I got a legitimate lemon from the factory... The more and more cases I see of this, leads me to believe that it might be a hardware issue. If within the first 14 days I have one gimbal issue, I'll likely return it and just save more money for a Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom. I like the fact that I can swap gimbals between the two, and essentially have 2 drones. Also, it's a time tested product, known to fly like a dream. I don't really use APAS, like, ever... So that's not a selling point for me. The only thing it has is 4k60 and 1080p240 but the h.265 codec is so intensive it's hard to find a PC that can run it. The 1080 is cool, I'll give it that. The 8k Hyperlapse? That's a joke for now. But I mean, I still love the MA2, it does tick all my boxes for cheaper than the M2, but if it's not built to the same quality standards, I don't want it.

This is very disheartening information. I was hoping I got a legitimate lemon from the factory... The more and more cases I see of this, leads me to believe that it might be a hardware issue. If within the first 14 days I have one gimbal issue, I'll likely return it and just save more money for a Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom. I like the fact that I can swap gimbals between the two, and essentially have 2 drones. Also, it's a time tested product, known to fly like a dream. I don't really use APAS, like, ever... So that's not a selling point for me. The only thing it has is 4k60 and 1080p240 but the h.265 codec is so intensive it's hard to find a PC that can run it. The 1080 is cool, I'll give it that. The 8k Hyperlapse? That's a joke for now. But I mean, I still love the MA2, it does tick all my boxes for cheaper than the M2, but if it's not built to the same quality standards, I don't want it.
Had mine out a little while ago, worked well, no shake.

Even though mine didn’t mess up again, I returned it anyway. I believe that since it has happened a couple times, it’s highly likely it will happen again. I don’t want the warranty to run out, and find it start messing up again. I’d say for anyone having this problem, it’s not worth the hassle. Better to return it and save up for the M2P. It’s a work horse.

Check out my newest videos.

I think there may be a prop out of balance like suggested (along with a bad gimbal). I caught slow motion footage, but it's terrible quality. Waiting for better light tomorrow.

A prop would be jello all the time

I had the same issue from my first flight. Here is how I fixed it. If you look behind the camera the whole gimbal is hanging by two rubber stocks. in my case it was hanging at a lower point on one side than the other. I fixed the issue by making sure both were at the most extended position. I'm including pictures of what it looked like before I fixed it.left side correct.jpg20200524_164208.jpg

I had the same issue from my first flight. Here is how I fixed it. If you look behind the camera the whole gimbal is hanging by two rubber stocks. in my case it was hanging at a lower point on one side than the other. I fixed the issue by making sure both were at the most extended position. I'm including pictures of what it looked like before I fixed it.View attachment 102423View attachment 102424
I'm gonna post this all over the interwebz.

You sir, are a god (there's TONS of people having this issue)

Reactions: lucky4u and PopsGG
I am also having the same issue. My MA2 is less 10 days old and at first it only did the Gimbal overload every other flight, but now it does it every flight within 1 minute. I'm in normal mode and it is not very windy maybe 5mph.

• Sad
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev