DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jelloing....

Ramjet

Reactions
Have had my Mavic Pro for almost a year.Have logged 152 flights,28hrs,and 752km.
It's been a great AC and blew away my expectations from the start...

Unfortunately this past month I've been getting jelloing in flight both with GPS & sports mode.
I don't have a video but the jelloing is rhythmic,2 or 3 jellos then smooth every 3 or so seconds in forward flight with the gimbal looking straight forward...

I've checked the bands & plate,both in the right spot and not ripped/torn.
I've replaced all props,recalibrated compass/IMU/Gimbal still doesn't help...

I'm at a loss and the only thing I can think of is I recently did a firmware upgrade (most current version directly off the app from an s8)
My question is has anyone else experienced this issue with the current upgrade?

What are your resolution, shutter settings and frame rate settings? Often it's a combination of say 4K/25fps and too fast a shutter speed (more than 100), try bring shutter speed down to double your FPS, use ND filter if too bright....

Is it tree tops jelloing or everything (often downward shots while flying over grass or treetops will be hard for the camera to process)

Thanks for your reply..
ISO or FPS doesn't make a difference,I've tried all of them.
Even 120fps on 720p..lol
Never had a problem before.

Thanks for your reply..
ISO or FPS doesn't make a difference,I've tried all of them.
Even 120fps on 720p..lol
Never had a problem before.

Really sorry to hear, esp. when it was fine before.. I wonder if there is a gimbal F/W upgrade that would fix it (or re-nstall existing as it may have gotten corrupt)

Connect to DJI Assistant 2 and try a downgrade and upgrade routine if not already done perhaps?

Reactions: Ramjet
Really sorry to hear, esp. when it was fine before.. I wonder if there is a gimbal F/W upgrade that would fix it (or re-nstall existing as it may have gotten corrupt)

Connect to DJI Assistant 2 and try a downgrade and upgrade routine if not already done perhaps?

Sorry for the late reply never got an alert for this one o_O..

Thanks for your help, I did end up getting a set of ND filters which helped a bit, I just downgraded to the update in January on the Assitant 2 app so I will see when I get a nice enough day if that works out...

*Update

Took it out today and all is fixed with the downgrade of the software...Hmmmm weird o_O

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redcircle