DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jerky panoramas

Polyvista

Reactions
Just beginning with my new Mavic Pro Platinum Drone.
Stabilised video very good, but how can I get a turning panorama which is not JERKY?
I can see why it happens:
1) The gimbal stabilises
2) The turn goes beyond the stabilisation limit
3) The gimbal re stablises at the new view
4) etc. etc.
Is there any way to lock the gimbal on the fly for smooth turning panoramas?

Is it less noticeable in low light conditions? Are you using a neutral density (ND) filter? The Mavic camera will not take smooth video without a ND filter to slow down the shutter speed.

Thanks, I haven't tried different light conditions and I have no filters. I thought the problem was mechanical probably with the gimbal stabilisation which kept repeatedly coming on and off lock. I don't see how a filter could stop this. Video files of the problem seem too large to upload!
John Jenkins

the mav does the pano aotomatically, u cant change anything about the speed the drone turns to take the pics, u can try to slow the gimble down in the settings but i dont think that will help u, try litchi, for panos it cant be beat, for every image it stops and focuses for a time u define, its much slower than djigo4. its more accurate as it focuses and exposes better in my mind anyways.

Many thanks for that. I didn't know there is a special "Panorama" function. I've just found out how to change from .mov to .mp4 coding. This seems to give much better results! On VLC media player the Mavic .mov files gave very odd behaviour. Only the starting frame showed although the progress bar moved througout the playing of the file! I can handle .MP4 files much better, and most importantly edit them with "Pinacle".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi