DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Panorama Issues with Mini 3 :(

Reactions
one of the reason was to get the drone to have a great high quality panorama and as easy done like with the old Mavic Air

but seems like lately DJI makes everything difficult :(

the issues

1. ending up with separate RAW files and could not find a software yet to stitch those together

2. For some reason the stitched jpg by dji is not on the SD card, not even under hidden files, many steps to connect my phone to the drone to view it in the app
and then on the end when I download it, its super small resolution the file is only 2.8 MB

Why is DJI providing such a poor quality stitched 360 panorama? Even my old Mavic Air is better resolution !

Am I missing something in the setting ?

thinking about to return drone, maybe in the pro version its easier to do ? And on purpose DJI provide in the standard version only a small panorama ?

would love to keep the drone because otherwise its a great drone ! But please let me know an easy way to get a high resolution 360 panorama, best would be if can easy stitch the raw files together. The lightroom option fails for some reason

The stitched panoramas suck, IMO. But I don't expect anything else, given the constraints of stitching them on the drone. I discard them and stitch my own.

The stitched panorama is in the same folder as photos and videos on the SD card.

For stitching software I prefer PTGUI Pro, which is a bit pricy but does excellent job and handles HDR spherical panoramas which is mostly what I shoot.

I've also used Hugin, which is free but clunkier to use (like open source software often is).

If you are not stitching spherical panoramas then I think Photoshop does that. I know Affinity Photo can (which is what I use because renting software sucks).

There's a new company developing panorama software specifically for drones. They're currently in beta so if your computer meets their specs I suggest trying them out.

Hello. I have the Mini 3 and I love it. I never want to get the Pro as the camera sensor are the same on either one.

For me, I edit the 35 DNG and I stitch it using PTGui. I have great results. I sold my Mavic 3.

I never like the JPG stitched by the drone. DJI do a poor job. Lots of stitching error.

Here is one of my edits on the 35 DNG using the Mini 3, stitch in PTGui : Joey's house

Reactions: IronSpear
Did anyone with the mini3 notice 48mp button was added on rc,from last update?

(New here). Thanks for panorama thread ..I was wondering the same..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne