DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jessops UK Orders

Jessops is the worst retailer I have ever seen in my life . Last week I placed an order for a DJI osmo mobile which clearly on their website was showing as special offer of 40% off for £179, then a few days later I receive an email saying that they made a mistake and the price should have been 279, so they asked me to either pay the remaining or my order will be cancelled, and they will not honer their price. How unprofessional is that? Try avoiding them as much as you can, they are useless, and don't trust their prices on the web, they can always come back and say they have made a mistake.

The fact that they have up to now just cleared orders for 6th of October is a joke. From what I can see on this forum each week they are clearing one day of orders, so for example if you have placed the mavic order on 10th of October it will probably take another 4 weeks for the to get to you. Absolutely ridicules

I have seen worse! But that's another story...

Most companies to be fair would not honor the price if a mistake was made, there have been a few exceptions but generally retailers do not honor as no contract has been made they are not legally obliged to do so. Technically they can cancel an order right up until delivery.

My anger in this situation is not so much aimed at Jessops (although the communication is appalling) it is more aimed at DJI for their treatment of customers who purchase via retailers, this also stops me from purchasing direct with DJI as I'm damned if I'm going to be "forced by a round about route" to order direct.

I only wish there was a viable alternative to the Mavic Pro (other than another DJI product).

Just cancelled my order with Jessops .
Placed an order with DJI last night whic is saying is already shipped .

Just spoke with a Mark who seemed very doubtful about deliveries but said "it should be soon." So me expecting my mavic fly less this week seems less likely

Just had that magical email from jessops asking to update pre authorisation payment details - I'M GETTING MINE TOMORROW! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Just goes to show can be anytime!
Good effort!
Creeping ever closer!
When did you order buddy?!

I ordered mine from Jessops in November and heard nothing .cancelled my order yesterday ordered from DJI yesterday just had an email being delivered tomorrow ....

Looks like a lot of people who are going to DJI direct are getting theirs shipped super quick. The resellers however don't seem to be getting any love.
DJI make more profit from the ones they sell directly.....

Echoing what others have said, although the root cause of this whole debacle is DJI rather than Jessops, Jessops have done themselves no favours with their inconsistent and sporadic customer communication. Unless you've gone for Jessops 0% finance offer (that was what swung it for me), it seems there is no real reason not to cancel your order and go with DJI direct, who seem to be fulfilling order much more quickly. After having to wait several months, I finally got my Mavic just after Christmas, although haven't had a chance to really put it through its paces yet (due to unfavourable weather or other commitments)

Has this experience put me off Jessops completely? Maybe.... maybe not. This is the first time I've ever had an issue like this with them.... thankfully I wasn't under any sort of time pressure - i.e. needing the drone for a specific purpose, or intending to take it on holiday with me soon after ordering, so a few months delay (although far from ideal) didn't impact me too much. Looking forward to better weather and longer periods of sunlight for more flying opportunities! For those of you still waiting for your drones - I feel your pain! - hang in there if you can!

Reactions: Pittnuma
Last edited:
Man! Do I know how to kill a thread or what?

On other good news. Anyone that bought one after 12 of November has been bumped up the list as I cancelled my order.
Just got told by my other half, we are going to see the northern lights, so I need it now.
Went to DJI directly. Ordered on Sunday night at 10pm it arrived at my house, in London Tuesday at 2pm! Now it just needs to stop raining. Phish! As if!

Sent from my LG-H850 using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: tgden
It's been a very tough call to make because with the 0% finance deal, pre-price increase prices (and a reasonable amount of Quidco cashback), I'll be lucky to get it as cheap again but I've just requested a cancellation on my Jessops order going back to 15th November for a Fly More bundle, additional spare battery and other bits.

Yes, the delays have been frustrating but the deciding factor for me is the 1080p 60fps quality issue and the general online consensus being it's not going to be fixable on the current model. Fingers crossed the next version has an upgraded camera and the worst of the issues worked out. If so, I'll be ordering it in a heartbeat.

Got a text yesterday, flymore being delivered today, it's been a bit of a wait, ordered end of October.
Gale force winds forecast.... oh bugger.

Woooo! My mavic only and extra battery is on its way!! Typical it's Friday so won't get to me till Monday but hey ho! Ordered 11th Oct at about 1pm

Hoo bloody ray. Mavic less with spare battery dispatched today for delivery on Monday. Ordered 6th Oct at 9pm!! Spoke to them yesterday and they told me that nothing was happening because of the Chinese New Year. I was happy to hang on because I've got the 0% finance and £999 price but I still cant see why they couldn't have be more transparent about the whole thing. Thank goodness for this forum as its the only way that any of us know what's happening.
Fingers crossed that I get one that's not faulty and that you all get yours soon!!

Spoke to jessops today and was told they expect next couple of weeks for my 30th October order, so basically February . I d be happy if that was the case. Glad to see that week on week jessops seem to be delivering for people!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J