DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jessops UK Orders

Hi mike. I placed my order a little later than you. On the 9th of October.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
My order was actually the 30th, at 07:00am. Am currently on the 'phone to 'Becky' at Jessops, who is looking into it. Ordered the Mavic with the extra battery, not the 'combo' kit as didn't need all the other stuff - I already have a compact camera bag I bought (from Amazon) which was next to nothing - about £18.00 and looks like it will be perfect. Ahhhhh....Becky just came back on....I have been 'allocated' a Mavic once they get their next 'batch', so will have to wait for an e-mail. Mon Dieu! I may get this before Christmas! Will tell the wife to go out and track down ANOTHER battery and put it in my Xmas stocking.... :)

My order was actually the 30th, at 07:00am. Am currently on the 'phone to 'Becky' at Jessops, who is looking into it. Ordered the Mavic with the extra battery, not the 'combo' kit as didn't need all the other stuff - I already have a compact camera bag I bought (from Amazon) which was next to nothing - about £18.00 and looks like it will be perfect. Ahhhhh....Becky just came back on....I have been 'allocated' a Mavic once they get their next 'batch', so will have to wait for an e-mail. Mon Dieu! I may get this before Christmas! Will tell the wife to go out and track down ANOTHER battery and put it in my Xmas stocking.... :)

She said the same to me. I'm on the first batch so I'm "allocated" one too. My order is the same as yours. I got myself a lowepro 250aw sling bag. Perfect size for my Mavic and other crap. You and I may be in luck mike for that elusive call from Sophie soon haha. Sophie and Becky are class. Don't speak to Ian, he's a tit. He was arsey with me yesterday.

She said the same to me. I'm on the first batch so I'm "allocated" one too. My order is the same as yours. I got myself a lowepro 250aw sling bag. Perfect size for my Mavic and other crap. You and I may be in luck mike for that elusive call from Sophie soon haha. Sophie and Becky are class. Don't speak to Ian, he's a tit. He was arsey with me yesterday.

Point taken. If Becky comes through (and / or I hear from Sophie), I may divorce the wife and ask to marry one of them instead. Not that keen on making the same offer to Ian....

Reactions: magsta
Don't quite know who I've just spoken to, but my order placed on 30th September is one of the first, they're receiving small batches week by week and I should hear something shortly. At least they are receiving them that's all I can say.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Don't quite know who I've just spoken to, but my order placed on 30th September is one of the first, they're receiving small batches week by week and I should hear something shortly. At least they are receiving them that's all I can say.

Get those names and let's collate who's reliable in their contact centre. We'll have a full profile of each person by the time we get our drones in winter 2017 [emoji23]

Reactions: BigRhino

Haha....seems like we are all in "the next batch" !! ;);):rolleyes::rolleyes:

Better be a good bloody batch!!! Surely it would cost DJI more to send bits and bobs. Send one massive shipment man!!!

Just spoke to Ben and he couldn't advise exactly where I was in the queue, sounds like bs to me but he said they are receiving small amounts weekly. I ordered on the 2nd October and was told I was 57 out of 60 in the first batch at the time. Hopefully this is less now!

Just spoke to Ben and he couldn't advise exactly where I was in the queue, sounds like bs to me but he said they are receiving small amounts weekly. I ordered on the 2nd October and was told I was 57 out of 60 in the first batch at the time. Hopefully this is less now!

Combo for me on the 2nd of October and have been told i was 61 [emoji106]

So, originally back on September 30th 1.22 am I was 65th in line for one of 80 Mavic combo packs which were the number of packs ordered by Jessops in their first shipment. They also had 40 Mavic only with controller ordered in that first shipment. We all know about the delays from DJI over the last few weeks.
Last week I was fifth in line for a combo pack as their original order supplied was far less than expected, supplies arriving ad hoc in single figures. Yesterday I was called by Jessops to say my Mavic was in stock and allocated to me, but I had to re authorise the payment from my debit card due to the time that had elapsed since my original order. All that had changed on my on line status was the description "on backorder" to "0 dispatched". This information did not get me terribly excited.
Just received a text message 24 hours later now saying my order will be delivered on Thursday (tomorrow) and a url link to manage my delivery. Strange thing is, my order history page still says "0 dispatched".
This information is merely to let you know what procedure you can expect when the delivery ball starts rolling, and is not meant to depress all you guys still waiting. Then again, until it arrives I'm keeping my feet firmly on the ground...........

Edit
Don't get confused by what order you are in line for delivery. The dates I have listed were relative to the order I was in of customers next in line at that time. Also those figures are for the combo pack.

Last edited:
Reactions: V0mit_C0met
It does seem that the new policy is to not give out position numbers anymore.......I wonder if they think that by not giving out numbers they can hold back people cancelling or trying to figure what's happening and just how few they are getting in. Any which way jessops....poor service! o_O

It does seem that the new policy is to not give out position numbers anymore.......I wonder if they think that by not giving out numbers they can hold back people cancelling or trying to figure what's happening and just how few they are getting in. Any which way jessops....poor service! o_O
Hi beachsidebaz
I may have got lucky, but I've been pretty happy with the information I've received from Jessops following my order 6 1/2 weeks ago. They supplied me with my in line number three times in three calls, the last one of which was last week. Don't speak to individual branches, that won't have be up to date info. Only use the tel number that the chat line will supply to you. Speak to them nicely and hopefully you'll get the same response I've had. Lastly, don't be misled by reading stuff that you want to hear; try and get the most reliable information/facts that you can, rather than rumour and unsubstantiated here-say.

Hi beachsidebaz
I may have got lucky, but I've been pretty happy with the information I've received from Jessops following my order 6 1/2 weeks ago. They supplied me with my in line number three times in three calls, the last one of which was last week. Don't speak to individual branches, that won't have be up to date info. Only use the tel number that the chat line will supply to you. Speak to them nicely and hopefully you'll get the same response I've had. Lastly, don't be misled by reading stuff that you want to hear; try and get the most reliable information/facts that you can, rather than rumour and unsubstantiated here-say.

Don't get me wrong the staff are polite enough but during online chat with David last week, he refused to give any idea where I was in the queue....he would only confirm I wouldn't get anything during their early shipments......It just irks me that after having an order for a month now I have to chase them....no attempt to be proactive even if they have little or no info. I worry though that they just bail out.....they've no obligation to us and knowing that still trying would probably would go a long way to helping me believe that customer service is alive and we aren't just numbers.

Baz, you have to call the number. I've never got further than asking the question about stock levels and where I figure in it with on line chat. Call the number and select option 2.

New email from Jessops confirming item dispatched. On line order page with Jessops now shows my order has been dispatched with a link to the courier's tracking page for my delivery.

Good stuff! This is really really promising! Hopefully I'll get mine soon too! I was a few hours behind you ordering

Reactions: Rick
Their number is just ringing out tonight, don't think anyone is there.

Good stuff! This is really really promising! Hopefully I'll get mine soon too! I was a few hours behind you ordering

Fingers crossed for you Drono, and all other Jessops customers.

From the date I ordered (pre ordered in fairness) to the date of delivery will have been six and a half weeks. It's been a struggle trying to suppress my desire to get my hands on the Mavic, but in the scale of things I've never let my expectations ruin my day! It's about a month late from the quoted DJI release date, not much more. Hoping everyone else doesn't have to wait much longer than I have from the time of ordering.
Peace and love

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1