DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jessops UK Orders

I was number 61 in the combo queue 3 weeks ago. That was my last contact and i ordered 2nd Oct [emoji106]

Perhaps it's just me that finds it ironic that this thread has gone to 6 pages and people are complaining about the service/information they are not getting from Jessops.
A company that two years was on the brink of bankruptcy - rescued by Peter Jones of Dragons Den, was never any good at knowing their products had poorly trained staff, bad customer service, is still no good at customer service or product knowledge and shows little sign of improving.
It would be my absolute last port of call for a tech product or a camera behind a local market, eBay or a bloke in the pub!
They will be absolutely last on the DJI pecking order behind all the established UAV dealerships in the UK and even Maplin. :p

Have to disagree with this also. I ordered the Combo on the 29th 12pm and have had mine 2 weeks now. The communication has been pretty good from my experience, well, when I asked I was told my position in the queue (2nd) along with the fact that they really had no idea when they will get stock, a fact since DJI were/are not saying when and how many they are shipping to dealers. This is bad communication from DJI and not the dealer IMHO. The dealer can only communicate what they know, the only thing Jessops could improve on is more messages telling people that they have no idea when the next few will arrive in stock but then I think all the other dealers are guilty of this also, no?
Two weeks ago is before any of the other dealers received stock to the best of my knowledge anyway, so also disagree on the pecking order comment, sorry. :)

Reactions: V0mit_C0met
You are one of the lucky ones then as i was told on the 3 times i have called they have no way of telling me what number i am in the combo que ...... i even said thet peole have posted online they know what number they are the second time i rang and she said ( and i quote ) "they are making it up as we have no way of getting that information"

NOW LETS BE VERY CLEAR BEFORE YOU ALL GET YOUR KNICKERS IN A TWIST ...

I am not saying that just repeating what i was told so i stopped asking ..... and i no longer use the web chat as its a waste of time.

As i said above i called yesturday for and update as its 48 days since i placed my order i i have not had a single email from jessops ... not even an order confirmation until yesturday when the person i spoke to sent me an email with my order details on it ...

As i have said i do not hold Jessops in anyway responsible for the delay this falls firmly at dji's feet but they could have been a bit more proactive and consistent when dealing with customers thats all.

My Mavic will arrive when it arrives so to speak and im ok with that. im really looking forward to it as its been a while since i havd flown anything as i sold my petrol rc helicopter quite a number of years ago.....

Reactions: beachsidebaz
You are one of the lucky ones then as i was told on the 3 times i have called they have no way of telling me what number i am in the combo que ......

Well I agree with you that that is really bad, I did not have the same experience (thankfully) Had I, then yeah I would not be happy either. Maybe it is just pot-luck who you get one the phone, I have no idea! Really hope you get yours soon though! :)

Oh dont worry as soon as it arrives you will all know about it :p:p:p:p:p:p

Reactions: chippie
V
If you have not seen one in the flesh yet you will seriously be very impressed, well worth the money and the wait! :)

No i haven't . ... they are as rare as rocking horse s**t.......

Reactions: Andy
The 2 times i contacted them last month, i was allocated number 61 and it was a few weeks apart.
They may have had enough by now [emoji23]

You are one of the lucky ones then as i was told on the 3 times i have called they have no way of telling me what number i am in the combo que ...... i even said thet peole have posted online they know what number they are the second time i rang and she said ( and i quote ) "they are making it up as we have no way of getting that information"

NOW LETS BE VERY CLEAR BEFORE YOU ALL GET YOUR KNICKERS IN A TWIST ...

I am not saying that just repeating what i was told so i stopped asking ..... and i no longer use the web chat as its a waste of time.

As i said above i called yesturday for and update as its 48 days since i placed my order i i have not had a single email from jessops ... not even an order confirmation until yesturday when the person i spoke to sent me an email with my order details on it ...

As i have said i do not hold Jessops in anyway responsible for the delay this falls firmly at dji's feet but they could have been a bit more proactive and consistent when dealing with customers thats all.

My Mavic will arrive when it arrives so to speak and im ok with that. im really looking forward to it as its been a while since i havd flown anything as i sold my petrol rc helicopter quite a number of years ago.....
Completely agree with you on this, of course others will be happy if they've been told their number and have received the Mavic but I have had the same experience as you.
Live chat is useless and they don't even ask for your order number on the phone when you ask where you sit in the queue.
Emails are also a waste of time, if what they said about orders being fulfilled in the order that they were placed was true then they would be able to provide a queue number based on orders that have already been sent.

DJI is entirely at fault with the stock issues but Jessops really don't provide satisfactory answers to requests in relation to where orders sit in a queue. They definitely know about the amount of stock they have been receiving and queue positions but refuse to tell us.

All they can say is don't worry, payment is only taken on despatch but the fact of the matter is that none of us are bothered about payment being taken, we just want to know where our orders are up to!

Well I glad I'm not the only one saying something and seeming like i'm a sour puss......but I know when I'm having problems delivering a project to a customer they are much more amenable when I communicate with them....it really is basic customer service stuff but I'm sensing a company policy issue now hence the change of attitude towards supplying any sorts of numbers like amount shipped, place in the queue etc. They don't want to show their hand especially as the Mavic is part of front page advertising in Christmas theme on the web site now.

Reactions: Andy
May help anyone work out where abouts they are in the que I ordered on the 10/10 at about 21:00 and when I spoke to them around the end of October and was told I was in position 161

May help anyone work out where abouts they are in the que I ordered on the 10/10 at about 21:00 and when I spoke to them around the end of October and was told I was in position 161

I ordered on the 9/10 and 9:51 so I may be like position 100 in this mystical daft queue

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Well... I've just spoke to Jessica at Jessops, she can't give me an update to my order or stock levels.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

No new news here about my Mavic only order. Will give then a phone Monday morning, I'm sure they love me by now.

I just sent an email. Don't want to pay to contact a premium number and live chat just takes me to "David" who never seems to be much use... Will update when they have responded.

Said clearly in the email that I understand it is not down to them and that I just need an honest update in hopes they don't shout a queue number at me and slam the door lol

Jessops phoned me this morning to get my CC details again as they had expired.

No movement on my order status as of yet but hopefully progress!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13