DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jessops UK Orders

I wish there was someone who could create a shared spreadsheet so we can collate all our Jessops orders.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Hi guys just got the text also.
Mavic combo ordered on 30th September at 22.30.

Did you get an email? Mine also showed 0 dispatched but the back order of 1 had gone

Did you get an email? Mine also showed 0 dispatched but the back order of 1 had gone
No email yet, I have paid via credit, whether this will delay things slightly I'm not too sure?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

326ae9b6b1f625e19ac11a1e7d96558e.jpg

Me too [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Reactions: Mike_in_Letcombe
I got an email this morning from jessops about my fly more combo it has been dispatched . .....

I ordered on October 1st @ 01:25

so we are up to October 2 in the order dates.. that works out at well over 1 (maybe nearer 2) weeks real time to deliver 1 day order time.. :)

or about 1 month real time to deliver 3 days order time.. the delivery rate may improve but if it dosnt Christmas real time should get us up to October 4th or 5th order time.. :)

the end of January 2017 should get us up to October 8th or 9th..

i dont mind being called chief parade p-sser but things aint looking that good to me.. he he

mass cancellations and demands for refunds by people who have actually paid money up front (me for example) may help but i dont see those happened when money is only taken when the item is shipped..

all i see is a situation where most people who have placed no money up front type mavic orders are not going to get one.. those who are prepared to pay a lot more (ebay and some higher price dealers who will appear) may stand more of a chance getting one.. no money up front orders (jessops and the likes) are going to be at the back of a very large very slow moving queue..

my thinking is based on there not being a massive production/shipping increase at the DJI end..

trog

ps.. it should also be noted that this is no longer a pre-order situation its a back order (no stock) situation with no valid stock arrival estimate being given..

Last edited:
Can't fault the maths, looks like early Feb it is then. More practising on the Drone Flight sim, which has been fun and hopefully helps come the day I actually get to fly!

Mine took 8 weeks from order to the day ... and I think at the moment that should be the default lead time people should expect really .....

Mine took 8 weeks from order to the day ... and I think at the moment that should be the default lead time people should expect really .....

Yeah I'm thinking the same. If that's the case, I should something about my order next week or early the week after!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

i can see your method but its wrong.. a fixed time from order to delvery like 8 weeks for example would be based on current production matching current back orders.. or just an initial shipping delay that once caught up then keeps up..

current production per day is not matching current back orders per day.. its out by at least a factor of ten i would guesstimate..

i think most people would be using the fixed time between order and delivery like you are.. but at the current rate of catch up its not working out that way.. its working out the way i have calculated.. which dosnt look good..

trog

ps.. using the fixed initial delay method.. one weeks back orders will get caught up in one weeks real time.. no real problem once that initial delay has passed.. one weeks real time will catch up with one weeks back order time.. i think most people are thinking like this.. sadly it will not work out like this..

Last edited:
While I sure those maths hold up there is the unknown factor to us of how many have been ordered and when because I'm sure the orders must have slowed after the initial influx but then they could have increased with the publicity, I didn't order at first because I wasn't looking until I saw an email from gopro and it didn't take me long before I dismissed it so DJI jumping the gun on the launch is how they suckered me in......sadly the waiting is still one that some of us are destined to play for some time yet!

Ordered 4th of October... Looks like 16th December might be my day! :)

While I sure those maths hold up there is the unknown factor to us of how many have been ordered and when because I'm sure the orders must have slowed after the initial influx but then they could have increased with the publicity, I didn't order at first because I wasn't looking until I saw an email from gopro and it didn't take me long before I dismissed it so DJI jumping the gun on the launch is how they suckered me in......sadly the waiting is still one that some of us are destined to play for some time yet!

only the real hardcore DJI people will have ordered right at the beginning.. what we are seeing now (over the last few weeks) is the first few days hardcore getting their mavics.. i ordered after first looking at the karma and the mavic around Oct 5th.. i could be wrong here but i see an increase in orders after the first few days.. when the less than hardcore DJI fans start to get in on the mavic selfie camera act..

if this is the case the situation looks even worse.. one thing i am sure of the fixed waiting period is way wrong..

trog

ps.. i canceled my jessops mavic order because i thought i might get one quicker directly from china.. i canceled my china order because i did not think i was likely to get a mavic at all.. i now have P4P plus on order from jessops.. when i will get it i dont know but i do at least expect to get it.. he he

Last edited:
Reactions: thefrisbee995
only the real hardcore DJI people will have ordered right at the beginning.. what we are seeing now (over the last few weeks) is the first few days hardcore getting their mavics.. i ordered after first looking at the karma and the mavic around Oct 5th.. i could be wrong here but i see an increase in orders after the first few days.. when the less than hardcore DJI fans start to get in on the mavic selfie camera act..

if this is the case the situation looks even worse.. one thing i am sure of the fixed waiting period is way wrong..

trog

ps.. i canceled my jessops mavic order because i thought i might get one quicker directly from china.. i canceled my china order because i did not think i was likely to get a mavic at all.. i now have P4P plus on order from jessops.. when i will get it i dont know but i do at least expect to get it.. he he

I ordered from Jessops after looking about for a couple of weeks at the reviews (ordered 17th oct) but what sold Jessops to me was the clear statement on their web page about not taking payment up front and I'm sure that's why a lot people used them and while I envisaged a wait I never expected this!

I think whats compounding things I'm sure DJI only ever intended to a have set build capacity and although they've had greater demand than expected I'm sure they've not increased it because they know demand will settle in time to come and they don't want the over capacity when they've lots of other products too!

I was almost sold on going for the P4P but the reason I didn't was I wanted the compact nature of the Mavic.......I flew to Scotland a couple of times with a walkera XR350 in my hand luggage....what a pain that was.....I would have been fuming if I'd paid and was still waiting tho!

i think they jumped the gun to out do the karma.. they then hit production/shipping problems which they have not been able to put right even at this late date..

current production/shipping is only a fraction of what it needs to be to cope with all the pre-oders they and their dealers have taken.. the dealers are still taking orders and the back log of unfulfilled orders is huge and getting bigger bigger by the day..

i paint a bleak picture but its the one i see..

trog

Mavic Combo Ordered Mon 03/10
I took the finance deal, it has just been dispatched. I should have it by tomorrow.

Good luck guys.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman