DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Joby GorillaPod

DCDronePilot

Reactions
Does anybody have experience with these? Seems like many keep them in their drone bag bug I am reading some 'horror' stories about the durability of the item on some models.

Looking for one of these or of similar design for my Canon G12 and my iPhone X.

I have something similar that I use with my GoPro 5 and it seems to be holding up well

Reactions: DCDronePilot
I bought this GorillaPod almost 2 years ago. I don't use it often, but it always works well when I need it.

Last edited:
A GorillaPod is a really useful item if you don't have, or want to carry around, a heavy tripod. Mine is fine on my Nikon D200 DSLR with 35mm or 50mm lens attached but struggles with the heavier 28-200mm zoom attached (there is a heavier GorillaPod model available for cameras using zooms). I take the GorillaPod and use the smaller lenses when I want to travel light. The advantage over a tripod is you can bend it and clamp the arms round things to get angles where a regular tripod wouldn't fit. There are different models designed to hold various weights of cameras. As for durablility I've had mine for at least 5 years with light to moderate use and so far no sign of any loosening of the joints.

A GorillaPod is a really useful item if you don't have, or want to carry around, a heavy tripod. Mine is fine on my Nikon D200 DSLR with 35mm or 50mm lens attached but struggles with the heavier 28-200mm zoom attached (there is a heavier GorillaPod model available for cameras using zooms). I take the GorillaPod and use the smaller lenses when I want to travel light. The advantage over a tripod is you can bend it and clamp the arms round things to get angles where a regular tripod wouldn't fit. There are different models designed to hold various weights of cameras. As for durablility I've had mine for at least 5 years with light to moderate use and so far no sign of any loosening of the joints.

Excellent! I just ordered the Telepod and the Griptight GP Magnetic Impulse.

What horror stories have you heard? I’ve got the mid range gorilla pod for my dslr and it works fine, as someone above as said there are a few different models with various weight limits

I have several gorilla pods, I have a 1k, actionpod, and zoom, I’ve used gorilla pods for years, they are a phenomenal tripod and never have had an issue. Some of them even have little bubble levels, and different connectors. I use them with my dslrs and my camcorders, work great.

G
I have several gorilla pods, I have a 1k, actionpod, and zoom, I’ve used gorilla pods for years, they are a phenomenal tripod and never have had an issue. Some of them even have little bubble levels, and different connectors. I use them with my dslrs and my camcorders, work great.

Good to know. Can't wait to get the two I ordered.

03439AE5-D40D-4A6A-A3A2-F41250E1603D.jpeg
G

Good to know. Can't wait to get the two I ordered.
Of all the ones I have this one is my favorite. It’s really small, holds smaller dslrs like my 70d and my camcorder well, and it’s has interchangeable connectors for GoPros, cellphones, and a bubble level. It’s a perfect all around tripod. Plus it grips things like trees and poles well.

View attachment 31191
Of all the ones I have this one is my favorite. It’s really small, holds smaller dslrs like my 70d and my camcorder well, and it’s has interchangeable connectors for GoPros, cellphones, and a bubble level. It’s a perfect all around tripod. Plus it grips things like trees and poles well.

Awesome! By the way...JOBY's online ordering blows. KIBO is the worst POS in the world. They really need a more updated Amazon store or something. Actually, no, KIBO's contract with JOBY should be broken immediately.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J