DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Joyce tik grip

yawyaw33

Reactions
Does anyone know if there is any concensus at all regarding the best way to operate a quad either by using just the thumbs or by 'pinching' the joystick with thumb & index fingers? Thanks.

it is something that is a personal preference by individual users ,there is no best way its what you are happy with and because of the way drones fly with GPS then very quick stick movements for 3D flying are not required which would be better with the pinch method do what suits you

Reactions: THE CYBORG
It’s thumbs for me, I can’t control my drones at all when I try the pinching method & I have tried to master it.

I expected there to be a split between film/photo making & the FPV community, but I'll leave it at you with a reaction score of 4,918 although I don't have a clue what it means but it must be impressive! So thumbs it is then. Thanks.

Try flying your drone with the sticks removed, works great very smooth, I fly that way all the the time, much smoother movements.
Don't knock it till you try it.

Thumbs for everyday flying and pinch for precision flying.

Reactions: yawyaw33
It’s thumbs for me, I can’t control my drones at all when I try the pinching method & I have tried to master it.
Same for me, it sounds a bit counter-intuitive also if a phone is your monitor there is no place to attach a lanyard.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird