DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

JPG + Raw in Fly app

With everyone's input I figured out where I was going wrong to capture raw DNG files in Panorama Mode. When I was switching from video to camera to pano, I was not going back into camera settings to reset the Pano mode to raw. Once I did that you can see in my attached pic that the Fly App created a Panorama folder for each pano I took on my SD card and within those folders, 21 raw DNG pics to stitch & process. Happy Days!
View attachment 121180
I made the same mistake, it's not a global setting. In fact if you set it to shoot RAW in even photo mode but not pano specifically the same thing happens. I'm happy too that I can do panos and get RAW files.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
What program are you using to stitch panos?
At the moment none. I've been looking through a number of (free) options on-line, but am finding them mostly very user unfriendly. Can you possibly suggest a user friendly option that allows at least 21 pics to be stiched without a watermark?

I'm considering purchasing "Panorama Stitcher" which is an Apple only app for AU$22.99. The more I think about it though, the more I'm leaning towards using the Fly App onboard for JPG Panorama shots. I'll shoot video in D-Cinelike, as well as other stills in raw, and edit them most likely in either Final Cut Pro x AU$500.00 or Davinici Resolve 17 (Free).

I tried a few options several months ago. It seemed Microsoft ICE was the easiest and best, especially for 360's. I find it odd that nothing newer has come along. Why wouldn't DJI create a desktop-based tool for stitching?? It would seem that knowing the order in which the photos were taken on the drone would significantly simplify the stitching process for a dedicated program. Affinity photo does a decent job of stitching as I recall, but does not handle 360's.

Here are two that I struggled with. I recall someone on another site offered to help me stitch them. Water shots are especially difficult.

Best of Luck! Would be interested to know where you land here.

Thanks for this information I had been flying the mavic pro 1, but bought the air 2s and have not been able to find the raw pano files, sounds like once in pano you need to change the camera settings to both jpeg and raw, do you only have to do this once.
Thanks for the information

Thanks for this information I had been flying the mavic pro 1, but bought the air 2s and have not been able to find the raw pano files, sounds like once in pano you need to change the camera settings to both jpeg and raw, do you only have to do this once.
Thanks for the information
360° Spherical pano options are either all JPG or all DNG, but not both. The chosen setting survives reboots.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoBeeshy