DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

July 25 it is..

Thanks @mavic3usa!!! Unless that guy's a total jerk who cares nothing for his reputation, that looks pretty certain. Yay!!!

He also mentioned something about Quickshots in vertical format. WHAT?!?!!?

Does it have a 90° flipping gimbal like the Mini3P? I don't think so, as the quick view from DJI Fly looked like it was simply a crop, but more investigation is needed.

Reactions: mavic3usa
Wouldn't the new RC 2 controller with Occysync 4 be better to use with the Ait 3 then the RC Pro which is O3???

This is worth a watch. He goes the most in depth into image quality out of any of the reviews I've seen so far. It's definitely pushing me in the direction of picking one up.

Hopefully Phillip Bloom does a review for the Air 3. I'm very interested to hear what he has to say about it.

Reactions: Torque
The reviews are basically calling the Air 3, the Mavic 3's baby brother. Smaller, faster, lighter, with almost identical capabilities.
The only major differences are: O4, camera sensor size (and type, Hasselblad) and a vertical video mode not available on any other model including the mini 3.
In my opinion, if you don't already have a Mavic 3 of any flavor, and you want Mavic 3 performance at a more reasonable price, the Air 3 is your bird. It is superior to the Mavic 3 in some respects, but it can't quite compare to the Mavic 3 cameras. In a side by side flight comparison they are both Champs.

I think im gona make myself wait for Sept 18th roll out of RID and see how that hiccups with this and let this settle. Super interested... at this point was debating on mavic 3 pro vs this... end of the day i know i will want a air3S as soon as it comes out too (same reason I have a air 2 and a air2s lol.

The reviews are basically calling the Air 3, the Mavic 3's baby brother. Smaller, faster, lighter, with almost identical capabilities.
The only major differences are: O4, camera sensor size (and type, Hasselblad) and a vertical video mode not available on any other model including the mini 3.

Could you clarify this? My Mini3P has a vertical portrait feature, actually rotating the camera module 90°. I've shot video in this orientation. I'm guessing I misunderstood what you meant by "vertical video mode".

Could you clarify this? My Mini3P has a vertical portrait feature, actually rotating the camera module 90°. I've shot video in this orientation. I'm guessing I misunderstood what you meant by "vertical video mode".
The Air 3 does not have a camera that can rotate 90 degrees like the mini 3, but it does have a vertical video mode where it can shoot 1080p or 2.7k in a cropped vertical mode simulating a camera thats rotated 90 degrees. The Mavic 3 does not have this ability.

Reactions: Torque
17:35 in the video posted here: July 25 it is..

Perhaps the M3 will get this in a future SW update.

Reactions: 3rdof5
The Air 3 does not have a camera that can rotate 90 degrees like the mini 3, but it does have a vertical video mode where it can shoot 1080p or 2.7k in a cropped vertical mode simulating a camera thats rotated 90 degrees. The Mavic 3 does not have this ability.

Ahhhhh.... thanks for clearing this up.

It'll be coming to the Mavic 3 in a firmware update, I have no doubt. The codes already written, and I'll bet that branch can easily be merged into the Mavic 3 baseline with minimal engineering.

It would be dumb not to. Especially from a customer satisfaction standpoint.

M3 owners are unlikely to use this feature much if they get it. However, as we human beings tend to be, people will be unhappy simply by not having it, and a "lesser" drone does.

Ain't we a pretty psychopathic bunch? 🤣

Reactions: 3rdof5
Let's assume I want to read a far away sign - which is better:
M3 7X 12MP image;
MA3 3X 48MP image?

I'm leaning toward the M3 but I doubt we'll see side by side images for awhile.

Let's assume I want to read a far away sign - which is better:
M3 7X 12MP image;
MA3 3X 48MP image?

I'm leaning toward the M3 but I doubt we'll see side by side images for awhile.
Until you can see side-by-side shots, there are too many variables. Which one takes a steadier picture? Which one takes a sharper image at the maximum zoom. A 48 MP image is roughly 8000x6000, a 12 MP is 4000x3000, so the MA3 is taking an image 4x the size of the M3, which means you can crop the image down 4000x3000 for an after the fact zoom.

Reactions: thispilothere
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tsvetan