DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jumpy video help please !!

Alright thank you yea it’s only a week old so it’s still in warranty I’ll have to take it out one more time and mess with the setting a little more see what happens if continues I will call them thank you guys. If any more advice would be appreciated.
Try for a slightly higher exposure on your tests see if it improves.

Did you buy it from somewhere that might swap it out for you if needed?

Alright thank you yea it’s only a week old so it’s still in warranty I’ll have to take it out one more time and mess with the setting a little more see what happens if continues I will call them thank you guys. If any more advice would be appreciated.
I would return it to the place of purchase unless that was DJI, then it won't matter. If it was Amazon or BestBuy, etc, try to exchange it.

Reactions: Callum
I have a couple of questions.

You're shooting in 4K, but the highest resolution on the videos is showing as 1080 for me. Is that correct?

If so, what program are you using to down-convert the videos from 4K to 1080, and what compression settings are you using? This could make a big difference, especially since YouTube is compressing the video a second time.

How do the videos look in 4K?

I don’t have it on my computer I just did it on my phone through the app I don’t have any kind of editing software on my computer but the video is like that in the raw form as well before it was even touched

I just started getting into all this so I’m not really sure about all the 4 k 1080 p stufff but the footage is like that right on my phone as soon as it’s taken

I have an older laptop I could try putting it on but I don’t know what software to use and the laptop def isn’t going support 4k

So I’m sure he YouTube compression Dosent help but I have I phone x and it’s like that before I do anything to it right off the mavic

This is the first video I made before I even knew how change shutter or anything and I don’t really see it as much maybe u guys can chime in

I’d definitely try a higher exposure. Looks like the “jumping” is in the darker areas of the video.

I don’t have it on my computer I just did it on my phone through the app I don’t have any kind of editing software on my computer but the video is like that in the raw form as well before it was even touched
So is this the video that's saved ("cached") in the DJI Go app, not transferred from the microSD card in the Mavic itself?

If so, that's your problem. The video cached in the Go app is much lower quality because it has to be compressed on the fly and transmitted back to your iPhone via radio. That means serious compression, and the resolution only ranges from 720p to 1080p, regardless of what you have the camera set to.

If all of the above is what is happening you need to transfer the video from the microSD card either to a computer or your iPhone using Apple's camera connection kit. That video will be much higher quality and I think all your problems will go away.

Reactions: Mossiback
Yes it’s on the dji go app saved to my phone so if I buy micro sd card reader for
My I phone and transfer then edit it should be better quality ?

Yes it’s on the dji go app saved to my phone so if I buy micro sd card reader for
My I phone and transfer then edit it should be better quality ?
That is 100 percent what is going on here. The cached video exhibits these kinds of compression artifacts. You'll see better quality right off the card even if you shoot video at 1080p or 2.7k.

Yes, buy a card reader. You'll also need an adapter to make a microSD card fit an SD card reader. If you were to buy an additional card it would probably come with an adapter.

Apple's card readers are about $30, but you can find cheaper ones from other makers on Amazon. Just read reviews first because they have an authentication chip in them and not all of them work well. I have one that my iPad sometimes won't recognize.

Looks like this might be a good choice: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074897MTM/ref=psdc_516872_t5_B01J7B9ERM

Alternatively, you can plug your Mavic directly into your laptop to transfer files. You can't do that with your iPhone, though.

Last edited:
Ok so I did the card reader and uploaded to my iPhone what do you guys think any better ?same video just used card reader instead and edited a little different

It looks a lot better to me. I still see some slight jerkiness, but the compression artifacts are gone. I’d still like to see the 4K version to see whether the jerkiness is a result of the re-encoding to 1080p.

Reactions: Callum
Yea it looks better idk how u could see the 4 k video and think any settings I can do on my mavic to help? And u think the camera is good in my mavic it’s just the way it’s uoloaded ?

Ok so I did the card reader and uploaded to my iPhone what do you guys think any better ?same video just used card reader instead and edited a little different
Looks a lot better to me.

Still seeing some minor artifacts in the underexposed scenes but that's perfectly normal with mavic camera.

Your bright scenes are fine, just need to keep an eye on your exposure.

Thanks guys I really appreciate the help I really love this thing I guess need to work on my camera setting with lighting is it better to film it dark then brighten post edit or?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1