DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jumpy video help please !!

Thanks guys I really appreciate the help I really love this thing I guess need to work on my camera setting with lighting is it better to film it dark then brighten post edit or?
You want to get the exposure right when filming.

If it's under exposed you lose detail and it introduces artifacts with the mavic.

I've read that the mavic h264 codec compresses shadows more than than midtones and highlights.

If it's a little over exposed that's easier to correct in post than underexposed.

You will get hang of it and becomes second nature.

Ok thank you so over exposed would mean that it’s brighter in the settings correct ? Sorry for the questions I’m new to this and filming in general.

Yes. Overexposed is too much light being let in to the sensor. Causes a blown out - "Whitewashed" look. Underexposed - Not enough light being allowed into the sensor and causes darkened areas.

Reactions: Callum
Ok thank you so over exposed would mean that it’s brighter in the settings correct ? Sorry for the questions I’m new to this and filming in general.
You want to use the exposure meter on the mavic.
If your shooting in auto you can compensate exposure with the right hand wheel.
The meter is on the controller itself and estimates your exposure.
Properly exposed should read around 0.0EV, under exposure will read below zero and over exposure above zero.

It's not set in stone and the number is just a guide. To have it slightly better exposed you want to bring it over 0. Trial and error.

If your shooting in manual, you use a combination of shutter speed and ISO to get the correct exposure

Switch on over exposure warning in the camera settings as well. It puts zebra lines on the display on over exposed sections as a prompt to check your exposure.
Bright sections of SKY you want to have a small amount of these lines.

Check YouTube for videos on mavic exposure. Few tutorials kicking about.

Alright thanks callum you been big help along with every one else. Do u think my shots are at least half way decent. Like the video it self not the quality ?

Alright thanks callum you been big help along with every one else. Do u think my shots are at least half way decent. Like the video it self not the quality ?
Yeah nothing wrong with them.

The first video you had a few shots where you moved the gimbal quickly or yawed quickly.
On the final video you seemed to have edited these out.

That's what it's all about, nice smooth shots with minimal hard movements.

Takes a while to get good with the sticks but editing covers it.

Think your off to a great start and can only get better.

Thanks appreciate it. U have a YouTube channel or anything to check out ?
Not yet, not really one for social media, YouTube etc.

Only had the mavic 3 months, although not new to camera's and editing.

Mine has a problem with blurred edge so most of my time was taken up playing with all settings to try and get the best out it. Going to send it in for camera replacement soon, just having so much fun flying it it's hard to let go.

When I take photos or video the bottom right corner is always out of focus.

If I tap to focus on the blurred area the rest of the image is out of focus.

Caused by a decentred lens.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer