DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just a few thoughts...

edfrombama

Reactions
Good morning to all-

Like many- maybe most- of the folks on the DJI forum, I started my droning with another brad of drone- you, know, CHEAPER than DJI. I learned a lot, flew a lot, crashed quite a bit, and figured out that I really like this drone flying thing.
I bought some other brand of drones (OK, it's Holystone) top-end drone- the HS-600, and I was impressed with it. this drone is a beast- it's sort of like a flying brick- but it does go, and its optics are much better than the other HS drones.
And then I got my first Mini 2. Well, now, that was a game changer. the flying brick has been in its case since then.
But this weekend I got the old HS 600 out, charged up batteries, did the "turn it three times and then three more times and then set the gyro stuff"- and flew the drone. Lord, it sounded like four small outboard motors cranking up. The HS-600 flew, and after I got back familiar with its controls, I got it to do what I wanted, and it was fun enough to fly. Not bad, really.
But fellers, I was glad to get the HS 600 back safe and re-packed so I could get back to "turn her on and send her off" quiet flying, very easy to control and pilot little Mini 2 this morning.
I like all of my drones, but some I like a lot better.

What kind of "non-DJI" flying do you fellers do?

you all be safe and take care- Ed

I started with a little styrofoam helo and was trying it out in living room. Was doing fine but wasn’t thinking and flew under ceiling fan
with it pulling air up. Well when I cleaned.that mess I got my FC40.
😀

I only fly DJI but if you want loud, fire up an Avata.

Reactions: a2tomm
I started with a little styrofoam helo and was trying it out in living room. Was doing fine but wasn’t thinking and flew under ceiling fan
with it pulling air up. Well when I cleaned.that mess I got my FC40.
😀
😂 dirkclod, I too started with a styrofoam drone which was more like a flying saucer… I think I got it out of a Cracker Jack box. It was fun until the dog caught it. With cost being a factor I moved on to a Holystone 720…wow 🤩 what a difference.

But, like many of us, we moved onwards and upwards. Hats off to Holystone for really igniting the flying bug in me. My first DJI drone was the Mini 2 and yes, it is a big difference. I’ve complimented my Mini 2 with the Mini 3 Pro.

I passed the Holystones (great beginner drones) onto up and comer drone pilots where I figure, if you can competently fly a Holystone…the Minis are as easy as cutting butter with a hot knife.

🇨🇦👍

I bought one of these $20 toy drones last year on a whim and I was amazed and delighted with it. It's fun to fly indoors on a rainy day when you have the itch. And it's an excellent way to introduce someone to flying drones and build muscle memory for flying them. I bought another one a couple of months ago as a first step toward putting my SO/VO (Significant Other/Visual Observer) on the controls of one of the Minis. I still fire it up from time to time and fly figure eights and spirals to stay tuned up.

I know it sounds silly, but they're a hoot. And nearly indestructible. With three batteries and a controller.

81hYbyHGKHL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Reactions: Mr10eJr
I bought one of these $20 toy drones last year on a whim and I was amazed and delighted with it. It's fun to fly indoors on a rainy day when you have the itch. And it's an excellent way to introduce someone to flying drones and build muscle memory for flying them. I bought another one a couple of months ago as a first step toward putting my SO/VO (Significant Other/Visual Observer) on the controls of one of the Minis. I still fire it up from time to time and fly figure eights and spirals to stay tuned up.

I know it sounds silly, but they're a hoot.

I loved my hubsan x4 h107c. I’d let my dog get good exercise chasing it around the yard

I know it sounds silly, but they're a hoot. And nearly indestructible. With three batteries and a controller.

View attachment 155784
These are great! I have several of them, and I've given them away as gifts.

It was originally the Snaptain H823H, but now they get sold under many brand names.

My first drone was a Snaptain S5C. Inside it was OK, but outside it had zero wind resistance, and ended up being gone with the wind. My replacement for the S5C was the Mini-2, an awesome little bird.

:cool:

Reactions: Mr10eJr
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147