DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just about to buy a Mavic Air..Some questions that i have.

Buy with a Credit Card, if it doesn't work, claim on the Credit Card, simple :)

Hi Charlas,

Checked with him. He wont take card, only hot cash i believe.
And if im right in my country you dont have that feature on cards where if its bought via credit card and the product is a fake etc you can claim from the card. Impossible. I checked with my bank.

However having said that, if the DJI app connects to the drone, reports no issues then your good, but will probably need firmware updates etc before it will let you get to the flight screen.

Where in the world are you? sounds propper dodgy :) However MAKE SURE you can register for DJI Care, if not DON'T do it, buy it from a DJI Authorised Dealer, has to be one?

That way even if it's iffy, you can get DJI to replace it directly.

Charlas > He IS THE AUTHORIZED seller lol. At least for my country hes listed on the DJI official website as the authorized seller. I got his phone number from the official DJI website only. Im in a crookish country called India, proper dodgy would be an understatement.

Charlas > He IS THE AUTHORIZED seller lol. At least for my country hes listed on the DJI official website as the authorized seller. I got his phone number from the official DJI website only. Im in a crookish country called India, proper dodgy would be an understatement.
Just make sure you get dji care refresh then, it should cover you, if it's sold as new, then dji have to cover it in regards to defect anyhow though.

Just make sure you get dji care refresh then, it should cover you, if it's sold as new, then dji have to cover it in regards to defect anyhow though.

Hi Charlas, I dont think he gives it with DJI care refresh etc, its an authorized showroom which is operating on grey market terms. Secondly, getting Care Refresh works out too expensive with the already hyped cost of about 30% more than other countries. And then i spend for this and again theres no service center here. Also DJI says you need proof of purchase for claiming warranty, how can i when this guy says NO BILLS / INVOICE issued.

What country?

Im from India. Here theres no proper consumer protection laws, nothing. Theres no taking back products that you dont like or dont perform as promised to bestbuy etc and where they give you back your money minus stocking fee at times.

I recently bought a new ford SUV and the entire front ac vent louvers were dangly and not standing in straight position. Every few kms itll flip downwards and i have to adjust it back to my face again n again in this hot country. And guess what, ford never changed it under warranty by asking me to wait and that they are finding out if they will get the parts etc etc and waited till my warranty finished, and now they say they'll have to replace the entire dashboard (and ill have to pay for it since the warranty period is over) and cant guarantee if the dashboard will sit well and flush again etc and since im very particular about neatness they are forewarning me. The only country where they proudly and openly declare that "if we do it, our service standards will stink, and you shouldn't ask us about it".

Last edited:
What Is The warranty Period For DJI MAVIC Pro In India?
What's the price difference from buying from dji directly in your country?

Meaning ? Im buying from DJI only, this is their authorized store for India as given on their website. And about the price difference as ive already explained above, its about 1000usd for the flymore combo pack NO WARRANTY / RETURN and on amazon.in its about 125usd approximately and NO WARRANTY / RETURN for this particular product.

Hi Charlas, I dont think he gives it with DJI care refresh etc, its an authorized showroom which is operating on grey market terms. Secondly, getting Care Refresh works out too expensive with the already hyped cost of about 30% more than other countries. And then i spend for this and again theres no service center here. Also DJI says you need proof of purchase for claiming warranty, how can i when this guy says NO BILLS / INVOICE issued.

He cannot be DJI Approved if he doesn't supply those things, and DJI say you need them? Also DJI Care Refresh is available from DJI Directly, not the re seller. Get in touch with DJI on their web site, and see what they say about the 'approved re seller' her might be doing something against his re seller status

Meaning ? Im buying from DJI only, this is their authorized store for India as given on their website. And about the price difference as ive already explained above, its about 1000usd for the flymore combo pack NO WARRANTY / RETURN and on amazon.in its about 125usd approximately and NO WARRANTY / RETURN for this particular product.
No I mean from purchasing DIRECTLY from DJI, on their web site? Skip the middle man, if you purchase from DJI, then at least you have some peace of mind

https://store.dji.com/

Reactions: mad monkey
This just seems to have become more difficult than it should be...

Buy online or don't buy if this guy is shady..

If these are not available choices, don't buy at all.

Besides that, can't really help, besides perhaps ordering in Europe, and knowing you will possibly take a hit on import duty, at least then you can return it at your cost

Difficult though, as we in Europe / America's take for granted our rights, just looked at Mastercard's right's in India, if I was to go there, I've got consumer protection on anything I purchase with my European card (Visa as well) Indian supplied cards.... No protection at all, except for identity theft, seems mental! But hey, suppose that's the way it goes.

Just also looked on DJI's website, DJI Hong Kong IS an official Indian Territory supplier, so I would order direct with DJI and take the hit on possible costs for delivery, at least they have no argument then on Warranty, and you will be able to register for DJI Care

Ok we get it. You seem to be in an irritated / negative frame of mind. You dont have to flame me for just asking HOW TO TEST IT during startup. If you look at my posts i didnt expect members to solve my problem with the seller. I was just looking at how to test it properly during purchase.

The find another hobby statement was in bad taste. However i will desist asking for your advice if that helps since i can see you being negative with me for for every 3 posts.

not trying to be negative, but it has already been said.. you can't really test it out too much in a showroom. just because it turns on doesn't mean that it will work with your device, not have interference issues in your desired flying area. could work fine for 3 flights then crap out randomly. the only way to safeguard yourself against anything possibly going wrong is to sign up for DJI refresh via DJI directly. this guy at the store can sure open the box and show you its not sand in there pretending to be a real drone. but knowing if its going to work is only going to take some playing around.

i bought mine from an Apple store. once i opened the packaging theres no returns. but i took my time, bought the Refresh package and still was having issues with it until today when using the forums i solved a video issue I've had.

maybe this guy your being from doesn't offer warranty but DJI should honour it if its a valid DJI product so you're covered against manufacturing defects. the refresh pack covers you for everything else.

sorry, not trying to roast you on this one, its just that its pretty straight forward. buying the thing should be your easiest part of ownership. and truthfully least stressful

Difficult though, as we in Europe / America's take for granted our rights, just looked at Mastercard's right's in India, if I was to go there, I've got consumer protection on anything I purchase with my European card (Visa as well) Indian supplied cards.... No protection at all, except for identity theft, seems mental! But hey, suppose that's the way it goes.

Just also looked on DJI's website, DJI Hong Kong IS an official Indian Territory supplier, so I would order direct with DJI and take the hit on possible costs for delivery, at least they have no argument then on Warranty, and you will be able to register for DJI Care

Im glad you came to know. I was sharing the norms in India etc as it could just add to peoples general knowledge of how things work here and you never know when you can help someone out at a point in the future.

I have anyway gone ahead and bought it. I have only been able to try powering it on without the props for safety and the video feed was flashing green frames every 2-3 seconds in a random way. The aerials were not extended on the remote, but the remote was right next to the drone.

not trying to be negative, but it has already been said.. you can't really test it out too much in a showroom. just because it turns on doesn't mean that it will work with your device, not have interference issues in your desired flying area. could work fine for 3 flights then crap out randomly. the only way to safeguard yourself against anything possibly going wrong is to sign up for DJI refresh via DJI directly. this guy at the store can sure open the box and show you its not sand in there pretending to be a real drone. but knowing if its going to work is only going to take some playing around.

i bought mine from an Apple store. once i opened the packaging theres no returns. but i took my time, bought the Refresh package and still was having issues with it until today when using the forums i solved a video issue I've had.

maybe this guy your being from doesn't offer warranty but DJI should honour it if its a valid DJI product so you're covered against manufacturing defects. the refresh pack covers you for everything else.

sorry, not trying to roast you on this one, its just that its pretty straight forward. buying the thing should be your easiest part of ownership. and truthfully least stressful

Ive already bought it today. I know members here told me it cant be tested unless after registered and flown. I understood that and it was over. Its just that i was answering to some peoples doubts as to how these kind of selling terms are possible in India etc. Just a causal sharing of ideas and the status of what things are like here. After that ive only been saying i wanted to to know how to test it, but i didnt mention closure by saying "i will test it after buying and flying it" but continued casual discussion about the kind of business ethics followed in India. In the future if you have someone from India asking here you will know what the scenario is like and can help them better.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum